Heading to the track tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading to the track tomorrow

Thought I would drop in a new picture. Lowered the suspension down a bit, hooked the swaybars back up or reinstalled them, got my new super sticky Toyo R888s mounted on the TeamDynamic wheels and I'm ready for the HPDE event this weekend.

-Jon R.
    Attached Files

Well, the car did pretty well. I got two sets of front tires scrubbed in for my race in April, definetly worth while, the car was pushing when it had new tires on the front end. Next session, it would then be glued to the ground, big difference. Seemed down on power, but when every other car in the run group has a min. of 300hp, it makes sense. Right now, the only trouble was with the tranny, 2nd gear synchro isn't working right on down shifts. I only had one off-road excursion, cut-off by an Evo in a right hander and just ran out of room to slow down. That's why I drive a rally car, it certainly didn't mind being in the dirt.

-Jon R.

Comment

Sounds like fun times! Out of curiosity how much did putting in the cage cost you and has it helped with body flex?

Comment

Well, I did all the work myself, a friend helped out with some of the more complex bends. (mostly because I didn't want to waste a bunch of tubing, he has done 3 times as many cages as I have) As for material cost, it was about $350 when I bought all the material. To have an independant shop build something similar you would be looking at around $2K or more parts and labor. There is about 40+ hours in building a cage that involved. In fact, I'm still not done with it, I want to add more side impact and a harness bar that's HANS exceptable, 8-12" behind the seats.
        How much flex it took out of the chassis is hard to say, I'm guessing a lot, but can't quantify it with a number or an exact feeling. Also, it could really do with having the cage go out to the front towers as well, the car still flexes a good bit infront og the firewall. I can tell by the paint chipping on the hood. I haven't seen signs of any cracking, my last car started cracking after one rally and never really stopped, just kept chasing them around with the mig welder.

-Jon R.

Comment

Working...
        X