BG Battery relocation & wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BG Battery relocation & wiring

In an effort to free up some space in the engine bay and distribute weight I am deciding to relocate the battery. I have drawn up a wiring diagram which I think should work:

Here is a few pictures of the wiring that I will be using. I might get different terminals. I'm not sure.

I recommend using a dry cell battery which does not relesase noxious fumes into the cockpit. I will be using a red top optima battery for my swap.
    I will also be using a marine grade plastic battery box. I will be anchoring it to the floor to keep it from moving.

I am still gathering parts for this project and i'm just starting this thread to keep track pf what I am doing. Please keep all comments in this thread here

Thanks I will update as I get more parts and if I get more information.
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Don't even bother running a negative cable back to the engine bay.
    Just run 2 or 3 in the trunk. Both strut mounts would be good points.

Also dont daisy chain things from the alt. get a distibution block.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

You're doing it wrong with the ground.

Ground the - battery terminal to something in the back of the car, then ground the motor to the chassis up front. You only need to run the positive wire through the whole car.

Comment

Also wtf two threads, that's as redundant as your ground wire.

Comment

Ordered the other parts. Only think I have left is the battery which I can get at the parts store locally
          150A Gold Plated Wafer Fuse x 3.. 11.70
          Heavy-Duty Waterproof Wafer Fuseholder .. 19.80
          P3 Gold Distribution Block 1x4 .. 4.90
          P3 Platinum 8 AWG Power Terminal Pair .. x 4..20.84
          Total shipped 65.61
          I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

lol parts express.

I never liked wafer fuses.
            Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
            Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Why not?

Comment

I don't know why but I had them in my re-wired EG and the seemed to pop unnescarly. Like I would go over a bump with my wipers on and it would pop the accesory fuse.

Then again that car was wired by a highschool drop out. SO my bias might be misguided. I still prefer the round agu fuses though
                Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

I couldn't find any of the round ones that went up to 150A they only went to 90A

Comment

I know they make up to 100A. And IIRC 100A is fine as long as you don't have a V8 with a remote battery. But I guess its better to have a little leg room with a 150.
                    Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

yea. I think 100 would be close but ok but im going with 150 because I will be pissed if one cold night I cant start my car with my girl or something because that 100A fuse popped

Comment

You could also go with a resettable circuit breaker. I am using a 140amp circuit breaker from Phoenix Gold like this one. Maybe not as reliable? But, I haven't had a problem since I installed a few years ago.

--Ferdi
                        If you can't differentiate between brake and break, you should go back to school
                        -----
                        Miscellaneous Pics of Turbo Protege Build
                        Big Front Brake Install using Wilwood Calipers
                        Factory Service Manuals and Familia Brochures - PDF

Comment

well I already invested in the fuse block and a few spare fuses. Cant gank these at the junkyard

Comment

I'd go bigger than 100a

Comment

Actually I probably wouldn't even use a fuse

Comment

Working...
                              X