Easy Kill... MSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easy Kill... MSP

So one day as I was leaving work, a customer who drove a MSP left directly behind me. We were both talking (I was drooling, mmmmm MSP) about each others cars a couple minutes before this, and I guess he wanted to know how fast my car was. I was turning left onto a three lane road, and so was he. The light turns green and I slowly acclerated and turn left onto the other road. He does the same, except pulls into the lane to the right of me. I waited in 2nd gear until he got beside me.

We were beside each other, and I let him go first because I knew he was going to loose anyways. As soon as I saw him go, I planted my foot right to the floor. The back end of my car squats down and the exhaust note changes as the boost comes on, then the front tires began to skip on the road as they fought for traction. I easily passed him, and shut down after I reached the top of second gear, because I had already proven my point.

We gave each other the thumbs up and went our separate ways. Its almost funny in a way, a brand new Mazda 4-door sedan with a turbo, got smoked by a car with an engine from an older Mazda 4-door sedan with a turbo.

This was in the Festiva BTW, if you don't believe me, ask Gro Harlem... hes been in the car
    -1991 Mazda Protege SE
    -1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE

I would certainly hope you'd be faster with about 800lbs less

Nice race, you need some vid of your car in action
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Comment

good kill. MSP's aren't that fast though but damn do they handle

Comment

Originally posted by funkdaddysmack
        I would certainly hope you'd be faster with about 800lbs less

Actually the Festiva is probably around 1000lbs lighter then the MSP... assuming the MSP weighs around 2700lbs.

Nice race, you need some vid of your car in action
        Wil should have them... he took a video when he was in my car. Where is it Wil, you phucker?!
        -1991 Mazda Protege SE
        -1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE

Comment

Have you taken your car to the track? I'm interested in seeing what kind of #s it can put down.
          -Robert
          '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

Originally posted by B6TFestiva
            Actually the Festiva is probably around 1000lbs lighter then the MSP... assuming the MSP weighs around 2700lbs.
            2750 according to the spec sheet that came with my car. 200lbs more than my celica weighed

Comment

Originally posted by SpoolinPro93
              Have you taken your car to the track? I'm interested in seeing what kind of #s it can put down.
              Getting the car to hook up is next to impossible due to its lightweight and short wheel base. I was doing full out 3500-4000rpm clutch dump/full throttle launches, and could only get a 2.2 second 60' time. The slicks were spinning through first gear.

The best trap speed so far is 104mph, and the lowest time was 13.90. All with a 60' of 2.2 seconds or higher.

Oh, the only mods are an air filter, and a muffler. The car still has the tiny 1.75" Festiva catalytic converter on it.
              -1991 Mazda Protege SE
              -1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE

Comment

Very impressive times!

I had no idea the MSP was 2700 lbs. That's a lot of friggin' weight! Your festiva isn't orange, is it?
                Dan
                dreesemonkey

Comment

I'd love to shave about 500 lbs off the MSP. I guess I could start with about 80lbs of driver. hehe. dman my back. can't work out anymore. sorry about the thread jack.

Comment

Very impressive times!

I had no idea the MSP was 2700 lbs. That's a lot of friggin' weight! Your festiva isn't orange, is it?
                    ROFL, no freds car is red and he's from canada. the orange car you saw was Simon's from PA. I'm going to be doing a motor swap on his car in 2 weeks so soon it'll be reasonably fast with the 1.6 323 motor.
                    93' Noble Green MX-ZE (sold )
                    02' Graphite Grey WRX Stage 4, 286whp
                    05' Pontiac Vibe daily driver, lowered/tinted/rims

Comment

Originally posted by Gro Harlem
                      ROFL, no freds car is red and he's from canada. the orange car you saw was Simon's from PA. I'm going to be doing a motor swap on his car in 2 weeks so soon it'll be reasonably fast with the 1.6 323 motor.
                      I've seen him around quite a bit, his car is so cool looking.
                      Dan
                      dreesemonkey

Comment

nice kill man, you reallt need to get some videos up.
                        .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
                        225.94wtq
                        torque monster!!!!
                        dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
                        http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
                        http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

Nice to know. Why you ask? Because some ass in my town wants to race my turbo BP when im done for 500 and he has a MSP.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good kill

Comment

Originally posted by OCD-SPEED
                              Nice to know. Why you ask? Because some ass in my town wants to race my turbo BP when im done for 500 and he has a MSP.
                              You should throw down the slips.

Comment

Working...
                              X