Introducing H&R Triple C Camber Bolts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introducing H&R Triple C Camber Bolts!

Stage Four Motorsports would like to introduce the H&R Triple C Camber bolts to CP!

H&R Triple C camber bolts are a cost effective high quality camber adjustment solution for mcpherson strut vehicles, where camber plates are not always possible or available.

Camber adjustment through the use of "bolts" have been given a bad reputation in the past, as people usually confuse "crash bolts" with actual camber bolts.

Camber bolts or crash bolts replace the bolts that connect the lower strut to the spindle assembly.

Camber bolts feature an eccentric cam lobe, that depending on which way it is facing, alters the camber angle of the spindle. This cam operates very similar to an engines camshaft, and as the bolt rotates, the angle of the surface it contacts is altered in a positive or negative direction. There is always positive contact between the cam lobe and inside the spindle assembly, so there is no free play to facilitate slippage or accidental movement. The only way the camber bolt can unintentionally become adjusted, is if the nut securing it becomes loosened. Once installed properly, unintentional movement is not an issue.

This differs from the old style of 'crash bolts' which are simply a bolt that is smaller in diameter. Below is a picture of a crash bolt beside a normal bolt:

The design flaw with a crash bolt is that a sudden impact that is greater than the force clamping the nut to the bolt, will force the bolt to move. Camber bolts have the lobe and the nuts torque preventing it from slipping, crash bolts simply have the torque from the nut. This is a far inferior design, and not recommended at all, however this is the reason "bolts" have become a taboo form of alignment adjustment.

Below is a picture of the H&R Triple C Camber bolts:

Camber bolts are an excellent method of camber adjustment, and can be used alone, or they can even be combined with camber plates (to give extreme camber adjustment, or act as wheel spacers when the camber bolts are set to negative camber, and the camber plates are set to positive camber).

Benefits of using the H&R Triple C Camber bolts are:
    • Low cost (less than $100 for all 4 wheels)
    • Fast installation (under 10 minutes per wheel)
    • Reliable (once torqued properly, slippage is very very rare)

As with every modification however, there are some drawbacks when compared to camber plates:
    • Lengthy adjustment when compared to camber plates (need to raise the vehicle in order to adjust)
    • Cannot 'eyeball' adjustment and achieve accurate results (to achieve accurate adjustment, it is recommended that adjustment is only performed when the vehicle is getting an alignment)

The fact that the bolts may stretch, or suffer oxidation/corrosion has not been mentioned, as this is something that also affects camber plates. The adjustment bolts on camber plates are exposed to the elements as well, and can suffer from bolt stretch with repeated fastening.

Are the H&R Tripe C Camber Bolts something I should purchase?
    The H&R Camber bolts are something you should seriously consider if you meet any of the following criteria:
    • My lowered vehicle suffers from excessive negative camber that I wish to return to OEM
    • I autox or participate in lapping, and want more negative camber
    • I only intend to adjust my camber when my vehicle is getting an alignment performed on it
    • I want a cheap & reliable method of camber adjustment for my daily driver during everday use
    • I want to maximize the performance of my suspension by increasing the tires contact patch, during hard cornering

The H&R Camber bolts are something you should not consider if you meet the following criteria:
    • I wish to make fast camber adjustments between runs at the track (unfortunately since camber bolts are adjusted by rotating the hex, and there are no notches or markings, on-the-fly adjustments are possible, however adjusting the left and the right side of the vehicle, without a method of verifying the adjustment is time consuming)

Lastly, as with any product offered by Stage Four Motorsports, we 100% stand by it as we use and test these items on our own vehicle. I used these exact bolts on both the front and rear of my BH last season, and suffered zero slippage or movement, even with repeatedly running off track. I also used R compound tires, which places even more load on suspension components.

PRICE (Pair - 2 Bolts): $47.00 including shipping and applicable taxes

Payment is accepted via:

Unfortunately local pickup is not available. ETA from the date of payment is anywhere between 1-10 business days depending on your location. If you have any questions at all, please post them and I will reply as soon as possible.

Thanks!

so you just need 1 bolt per wheel??would putting one of these bolts in both holes give even more adjustment or is thast just a waste of money??

Comment

Each set comes with 2 bolts, one for the left and right wheel.
      If you want all four wheels done you'd need to buy two sets.

It depends on your suspensions design to really know how much adjustment you'll get. I got ~2.3* on my car with them.

No they're definitely not a waste a money, otherwise we wouldn't sell them!

Comment

i meant 2 bolts PER wheel as in theres two holes in the spindle and strut.if you put two bolts in each corner instead of just one can you get more adjustment or is that much adjustment not needed???

Comment

Yep, in my rear suspension I have 2 bolts in each wheel, and in the fronts I have 1. If you double up, you won't get double the level of adjustment, but you'll get more adjustment than you would with just one. I could get well over -3* in the rear suspension if I maxed both out.

Comment

Working...
          X