E-Racer Big Brake Kit - NEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Racer Big Brake Kit - NEW

I thought that I would introduce a new product that I came across on a few of the Probe and MX-6 websites a little while back.

- Slotted, drilled, and plated 11.7" rotors (versus 10" stock rotors), 0.81" thick.

- High performance Wilwood "T-compound" brake pads.

- Wilwood 4 piston billet aluminum calipers

$749 USD

Replacement pads cost ruffly $50...and replacement rotors are about $100.

They currently only offer the slotted + drilled rotor. The rotors are zinc plated.

ABS still works perfectly.

Not 100% sure on the fitment for an MSP.

You can use your stock brake lines...or source your own SS lines.

www.e-racer.com

This company is offering a great alternative to many of the brake kits that are available to date. I have personally been looking for an affordable solution...without having to go CRAZY on a brake solution. I am a FIRM believer that when you increase your HPs by a significant amount that you should increase your braking performance also. Everything should be in balance.

The great thing about this kit is that its a great combination of increased performance....good looking...and at a great price point. I know it sounds like a commercial....but I have had the opportunity to talk to the owners in detail about the product. I have also been doing my research on this topic for a long time.

I have ordered a set and will have them sometime next week. I will be sure to (as i usually do) post pictures of the product. I am not 100% sure when I will be putting them, on due to the weather.

E-Racer does offer a group buy option and I would contact them directly to work out the details. (great price on the GB)

If you have questions...I will do my best to find the answers .
    Yellow P5 2002 / Markham, Ontario / Marketing Director / www.TOProtege.com

Tein SS Full Suspension, TWM Short Shifter, 18" Tenzo ZT6s, Tenzo Rally-Type Seats (Black/Grey), Clutchmaster StageIIR, Fidanza 9lbs Flywheel, Mazdaspeed LSD, DGM CF Air Dam, DGM CF Side Skirts, JSP CF Hood, Ractive CF Exhaust, Ractive FPR, Ractive Intake, KartBoy Bushings, AWR Motor Mounts, AWR 21.5 mm rear sway bar, 4500K HID Conversion, Autoexe Wing, Autoexe Custom Grill, Clarion 935 7" In Dash Screen, Clarion Component Speakers Front and Rear, 12JLW1 x2, MTX Series Amps.

What an awesome kit!

That's a nice kit, at a nice price.

But you would get much more "braking performance" out of an excellent set of tires than you ever will from a "big brake kit".

Your stock brakes have more than enough power to lock the wheels. That being the case, "upgraded" brakes will not decrease your stopping distances, unless you repeatedly slam on them from 70 mph. Under those circumstances, I'm sure the big brakes will have less fade.

Under normal street driving conditions, big brake kits are not a real performance add-on.

Sill a good-looking kit, however.

~HH

Comment

ya...thanks for your opinion.....

bottom line....they are better than stock...and for the power I am pushing...every foot counts...

also....brake fade is a consideration for those that Autocross..

also....you forget that even though the stock brakes can lock up the wheels....what distance is covered before this happens? Its not about locking up the brakes...its the rate in which it done.
      Yellow P5 2002 / Markham, Ontario / Marketing Director / www.TOProtege.com

Tein SS Full Suspension, TWM Short Shifter, 18" Tenzo ZT6s, Tenzo Rally-Type Seats (Black/Grey), Clutchmaster StageIIR, Fidanza 9lbs Flywheel, Mazdaspeed LSD, DGM CF Air Dam, DGM CF Side Skirts, JSP CF Hood, Ractive CF Exhaust, Ractive FPR, Ractive Intake, KartBoy Bushings, AWR Motor Mounts, AWR 21.5 mm rear sway bar, 4500K HID Conversion, Autoexe Wing, Autoexe Custom Grill, Clarion 935 7" In Dash Screen, Clarion Component Speakers Front and Rear, 12JLW1 x2, MTX Series Amps.

What an awesome kit!

Comment

Originally posted by YP5 Toronto
        ya...thanks for your opinion.....
        Not opinion. Facts.

you forget that even though the stock brakes can lock up the wheels....what distance is covered before this happens? Its not about locking up the brakes...its the rate in which it done.
        I will agree with you there. And also that every foot counts. However, the difference in stopping distances will be minimal at most.

And while I also agree that you need the "whoa" along with the "go", a little less throttle goes a long way. A 500 hp car stopping from 80 mph is the same as a 100 hp car.

Unless you routinely abuse your brakes, or routinely travel at very high speeds, all you need are good tires, a properly-functioning brake system, and un-warped rotors.

The stock system is more than adequate for a fairly lightweight, daily-driver economy car - that's my only point.

~HH

Comment

Working...
        X