Flashing CEL - 2 codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashing CEL - 2 codes

96 EGT. Fuel mileage is the only real symptom I have. Idles fine and seems to drive fine.

1st code - P0170 - Fuel Trim Malfunction. Read around and it could be caused by a vacuum leak, bad MAF, faulty FPR. Any ideas?

2nd codes - P0304 - #4 misfire. Assuming this is being caused by the above code. Would make me believe it's not a vacuum leak, MAF or FPR.

Ideas?
    sigpic
    2004 Subaru WRX STi
    2003 Toyota Highlander

you need to find out if u have a lean or rich fuel trim problem that will help u hunt it down.

92 GT GTX Autox machine Dead and gone

98 ZX2 Currently rusty Need a new car

Comment

Put a different alternator on a couple days ago and had the battery disconnected. Code cleared itself, stayed clear for a couple days, but now is back on (not flashing)
      I need to replace the thermostat as I think it's stuck open. Car isn't getting up to temperature, so wondering if the first 2 codes have cleared out with the new exhaust (proper exhaust with converter) and this new one is because of the temperature problems.
      sigpic
      2004 Subaru WRX STi
      2003 Toyota Highlander

Comment

Scanned again today. The new code was because of the temperature issue. All should be resolved with a new thermostat.
        sigpic
        2004 Subaru WRX STi
        2003 Toyota Highlander

Comment

Working...
        X