Cold air from dash vents all the time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold air from dash vents all the time!

I've noticed that on my '91, there's always at least a trickle of cold air coming from the vents on the dash. I know that the air coming out of there is normally not warmed much if it's set to the floor/face setting, but I'd really like to get the air to stop coming out when the face vents are supposed to be closed.
    Does the dash need to come out in order to get to the air mixing box?
    Thanks,
    Chris
    '91 Protege LX
    '99 Miata sport

I notice the same thing, but with hot air. Also, I get resistance when I try to adjust the temerature control...
    ~Mar.

Now say it with me... B-R-A-K-E.

Good job!

Comment

I've noticed this on a few cars that I've had. Esp imports.On the Pro just slide the level to recirc instead of outside air. Ya know top right corner if a/c panel.
      1991 Protege DX 5- Speed.Tilt Wheel Cone filter with adapter. Red with Black interior
      1989 Mustang lx 5.0 vert Blue with white leather interior,pulleys and fender mount cold air kit FOR SALE

Comment

Mine always blows air, even if its int the off position. Is that waht your talking about? Very annoying.
        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Switch it to recirculate
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Originally posted by Marc93lx
            Mine always blows air, even if its int the off position. Is that waht your talking about? Very annoying.
            You'll get air blowing through the system when the car is moving even if the fan is switched off; that's normal and common to most cars. Switching to recirc will prevent that, but I don't use it because it causes the windows to fog up.
            I just don't want the air blowing out of the front of the dash when I have it set to either defrost or to the floor setting.
            Chris
            '91 Protege LX
            '99 Miata sport

Comment

Oh, I see what you mean.... hmmm, the best advice I could offer would be to close the vents by pointing them all the way down... I haven't ever driven a car that just blows air to the defrost vents only. You would need to modify it yourself, I think. Somebody who has taken apart the dash could chime in maybe?
              2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

i noticed a bit of this problem in my protege over last summer with my a/c.. no matter how cold the air be, a trickle of hot air seems to be getting in.. and leaving it on recirculate is annoyingly loud on my car. my buddy was telling me it could have something to do with the ducting being out of place or not sealing correctly where it should be. *shrugs*
                peace

Comment

Working...
                X