Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

Hey everyone,

I'm new here... The name's Mik... I'm also on TOP, so yeah...

Recently joined because I was interested in a '94 Pro for sale locally and wanted to know what I could do with it...

I only did a quick search, but can someone give me a quick rundown on what it takes to convert a FWD Pro to an AWD one? Looking for a sweet project car, and this seems like a nice one...

Anyway, I've got a '99 LX Touring Edition with an Autoboo tranny, so not having much fun with that, other than the nice stiff suspension...

Here's a pic:
    '99 Protegé LX Touring Edition [TOProtegé]

Hey Mik! welcome to CP. That 99 is nice looking for sure, well handling, even if the slushbox makes it suck

rundown on the fwd to awd: NO. Its beyond the scope of 99.8% of people. I say that because only 2 I know of have done it, and it wasn't easy for even them. Best find you an old 4wd protege instead. like what I have
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome

Unfortunately, thats the same response about FWD->AWD conversions that I get when I talk about my old '91 Nissan Stanza (U12 Bluebird)... In JDM-land, as well as in New Zealand, as well as at least 20% of Australia, they got 'em in AWD. North America only gets them in FWD with a truck engine Out of all the people I know who have FWD U12s, only one has actually done the conversion successfully. The other guy gave up half way and eventually parted out.

Noticing how AWD Pros are somewhat more easy to come by here in North America than AWD Nissan Bluebirds, I may as well pick that route and work from there... I've never seen an AWD Pro for sale here where I live, so I just gave up on that and thought of doing the conversion... Would be fun

Oh, as for my U12, heres a pic:

My friends always tell me that I have a thing for odd-looking cars that no one would ever look into buying or spending loads of money on
      Last edited by Miki01; 02-19-2008, 11:55 PM.
      '99 Protegé LX Touring Edition [TOProtegé]

Comment

welcom to CP
        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
        |.....Overnight....................| ||
        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Working...
        X