Help or Info to Remove factory radio Mazda 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help or Info to Remove factory radio Mazda 3

Any help will be appreciated as I got a RF CD changer and would like to hook it up to the factory radio till a install kit comes out.

Need info on how to remove the radio to hook up the RF connection.

Cant see where there are any screws to remove the radio or front console ??

Anybody know and Mazda mechanic that they can ask as Im sure it shows in the service manual.

Thanks,
    I also drive a AA Turbo Bmw E36/M3 setup last Dynojet 248c 369rwhp & 354ft/lbs at 10.5psi.

dude, i wish i could help without seeing one in person i can't be of much help. sorry

Comment

Please go and visit one at the dealership for me

My coworker who was a car stereo installer said you might have to remove through the glove box ?

I called the dealer to enquire about a service manual and they have none oh no.

I have the RF changer sitting in my office collecting dust.
      I also drive a AA Turbo Bmw E36/M3 setup last Dynojet 248c 369rwhp & 354ft/lbs at 10.5psi.

Comment

if i can make it to the dealership here in charleston before i leave for home (florida) there's a mechanic who's cool with me, and i'll ask him if i don't, i'll try to make it to the dealership in daytona

Comment

I'm not nearly as good as Blue LEDz but i have an appointment to go test drive a MAzda3 this weekend, so I'll take a look 'n see what i can figure out.
          The salesmen at my dealership tend to let me drive away with their cars for obscene amounts of time, so i'll see what i can find out without damaging anything.

Kenwood KDC-519 w/ RF 500bd + e12K.44
          RB springs
          Magnaflow catback

2004 mods:
          MP3 front bumper conversion

Comment

Simple to do: first to get the console away from the dash you need to angle the center ac vents down,,,this will allow you to get a hold of the console and firmly. Pull the console away from the dash..(be careful the ac control is screwed to the console with i believe about 6 phillips screws....this is the hard part. you will need a skinny wrist, and a stubby phillips or an angled driver.
            once you get the ac unit unattached from the console then the rest is self explanatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Projekt_proto
              Simple to do: first to get the console away from the dash you need to angle the center ac vents down,,,this will allow you to get a hold of the console and firmly. Pull the console away from the dash..(be careful the ac control is screwed to the console with i believe about 6 phillips screws....this is the hard part. you will need a skinny wrist, and a stubby phillips or an angled driver.
              once you get the ac unit unattached from the console then the rest is self explanatory.

i know that's how to get the 3rd gen trim out, but is it that easy for the 3? the only pic i've seen makes it look like there's a lot more hooked to the trim.

Comment

Looks the same to me:

Comment

Are you talking about removing the center console too? if so my bad cuz i have no idear.

Comment

Looks the same to me:
                    http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/01mp3.htm

naw bro, we're talking about the new mazda 3, not mp3
                    The official Mazda site to research and shop for all Mazda vehicles. Explore our models, features, photos, specs, build your own, and more on MazdaUSA.com.

Comment

well that shows how much i pay attention;

Comment

didnt even know there was such a thing....think god for the forum
                        im might have just wondered around here a bumbling idiot.

Comment

thanks though you just showed me my new car.

Comment

Thanks Guys

Any help to remove that radio would be gratefully appreciated

I have the 12 disc cd/mp3 changer sitting in my office since Monday and cant wait to hook it up the single cd gets to be a chore to constantly changing cd's.

Comment

thanks though you just showed me my new car.

yeah, the car is hot and can you do me a favor and try to use just one reply, instead of 3 in a row? it's keeps things less cluttered, and easier to scroll to the new posts if you realize later that you want to add something to what you've said, you can always edit your posts thanks.

M3turboca, i wasn't able to get to the dealership in charleston, but i'll be in daytona tomorrow, so i'll try to swing by the dealership

Comment

Working...
                              X