insperation to pleasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

insperation to pleasure

well i was inspired by Identity_X`s mod to his first gen, an MSP shifter swap ( Located Here

i already had a P5 shifter in my car but it wasnt short enoughf
    so after being informed where to search for one i did, and after a month or so of hageling and bargining and looking for a close MSP owner Willing to part with there shifter , i found one, one that was an hour away

I got the deal down to 50 flat, and that included the shifter AND the msp knob and shipping

here are some pics

the comparison shot, from the left (sorry bout the bad lighting)

Protege (90-94) stock, 2003 Protege 5, 2003.5 MSP

and the msp shift knob

No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Looks great, I wouldn't mind one of those myself
    Dan
    dreesemonkey

Comment

Looks awesome. Have you installed it yet? If you haven't done it and stumble across any problems let me know as I did this recently and all the steps are still fresh in my mind. Are you sure that this is the msp knob? As far as I know the msp knob is made by Sparco. The one you have looks like the MP3 knob made by Nardi. Either way, the mp3 and msp shifters are the same so $50 is a steal.
      -------------------------
      '91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

ill take my big clunky shufter, thank your very much...
        how much throw is being reduced from the stock to the msp?
        Serenity's Dead.

Comment

yeah i was gonna say, that looks like the mp3 knob, man 50 bucks is a steal, when are you going to post pics???
          .....HELLO MY NAME IS BEN...

186.08whp
          225.94wtq
          torque monster!!!!
          dyno graph 8-10-and 12psi
          http://www.msprotege.com/members/THE...no%20graph.jpg
          http://videos.streetfire.net/player....0-C19CA06AF01E dyno vid

blahblahblahblahblahblah

Comment

depending on weather and time , ill post pics, and possible make a how-to.thanks for the help identity_X, but should go similar to the PR5 shifter instal

it shortens throws alot, its similar is size to the kartboy shortshifter

and funkdaddysmack you can find them on here (http://www.msprotege.com) just keep an eye out on the for sale section, i know theres a guy that lives in hawai(sp?) the is willing to part with it
            (let me know if you want his contact), anyway im very excited and cant wait to instal but due to time and weather, i dont know when thatll be

Comment

it's from a '03.5, sparco didn't make (or at least advertise) interior peices like on the '03

(please correct me if I'm wrong, but the '03.5 MSP I saw/sat in didn't have the same sparco shifter as on a '03)

The sparco knob is also shaped differently
              Dan
              dreesemonkey

Comment

im not sure which one it was to be honest but i know its what i want, any clues to what it came out of? MSP ? MP3?

keep in mind this is canada and things are slightly different

Comment

That's an MP3 knob, at least that's how the U.S. models are. 2003.5 has a giant italicized R on it for reverse (like Type-R ), says Mazdaspeed on the top. I forgot what 2003s are but they are not that.
                  2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

Great thanks charles good to know

Comment

Originally posted by charles
                      That's an MP3 knob, at least that's how the U.S. models are. 2003.5 has a giant italicized R on it for reverse (like Type-R ), says Mazdaspeed on the top. I forgot what 2003s are but they are not that.
                      Is that it?
                      '91 LX
                      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
                      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

thats a nice shifter knob

Comment

Originally posted by Identity_X
                          Is that it?
                          Yeah, that's 2003.5
                          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

how to is finished and located here

Comment

Working...
                            X