My new wheel/tire combo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new wheel/tire combo!

These will be my new wheels for a few months and then they go on my brothers car. I think they look pretty decent and if they grow on me I might end up keeping them. FYI, the wheels are made by 5Zigen and the tires are Yokohama Paradas.

Here are a few pics. Don't mind the dirty car:

You can even see a part of my new 323 garnish

So what do you guys think? Are these better than my white wheels???
    -------------------------
    '91 LX
    '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235

Originally posted by pigeon
    well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Are those the 5Zigen Fighters? I like them very much and prefer them to the white ones.
    02 DX Millenium Red - The Penultimate Driving Machine
    MP3 Strut Tower Bar kit; Cusco Front Lower Arm Tie Bar
    MSP Springs, Struts, Stabilizer Bars, Trailing Links, #3 Engine Mount
    Kartboy Stabilizer Bar Bushings; Nyloil Shifter Bushings; Red Line MT-90 Gear Oil
    MP3 Shifter, Knob and Aluminum Pedal Set
    Suvlights HD Wiring Harness; Osram Night Breaker H4 Bulbs; Exide Edge AGM Battery
    Summer: 5Zigen FN01R-C 16 x 7" Wheels; Yoko S.drive 205/45-16s
    Winter: Enkei OR52 16 x 7" Wheels; Falken Ziex ZE-912 205/45-16s
    Modified OEM Air Intake; Racing Beat Exhaust System; Techna-Fit SS Clutch Line
    Denso SKJ16CR-L11 Extended Tip Spark Plugs; Magnecor Wires
    Power Slot Front Brake Rotors; Techna-Fit SS Brake Lines; Hawk HPS Pads
    Red Line Synthetic Engine Oil; C/S Aluminum Oil Cap
    Cyberdyne Digital Gauges: Tach; Ambient Air Temp; Voltmeter

Comment

Originally posted by goldstar
      Are those the 5Zigen Fighters? I like them very much and prefer them to the white ones.
      Yup, the wheels are the 5Zigen Fighters. I really like how they match the moldings of the car and my clear corners, which can't be seen in the pics above.
      '91 LX

well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

definitely! much better than the white ones.
        what size are they and how much did you spend on the set of wheels+tires?

Comment

I'd have to say both set of wheels look good. The Fighters are real nice though. I'm cosidering those too for my ride in the spring.
          2002 Blackmica P5
          CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder
            definitely! much better than the white ones.
            what size are they and how much did you spend on the set of wheels+tires?
            I wouldn't say they are that much better than the white ones. As for size, they are 17's. My brother got them from a friend for about $750, maybe less.
            '91 LX

Comment

I like the gunmetal ones better, but not by much. Both sets are good looking.

Comment

the 5Zigen Fighters look really good. I like the white ones aswell, but prefer the gunmetal.
                in need of a drop, and a BP.

this is one 323, you dont wanna mess with

Comment

I am starting to like them more and more. Here's a side shot that I like.

'91 LX

Comment

So does this mean you will be keeping them?

Comment

Originally posted by Proto2k
                      So does this mean you will be keeping them?
                      Both sets are in my posession until spring. I'll have a few months to decide if I'll keep them or not. It'll be damn hard to make up my mind I know that........
                      '91 LX

Comment

Keep Em'!! They look nice and they match really good with the moldings!
                        Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
                        you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

Originally posted by RALLYBP_94
                          Keep Em'!! They look nice and they match really good with the moldings!
                          True....the moldings and the clear corners match the wheels very nicely and that's why I started liking them so much.
                          '91 LX

Comment

I wanna see your car in person.. Skokie is not that far from wher I live.. I live in Elmwood Park thats by Harlem Ave. & Grand Ave. (If you're familiar with Chicago streets)
                            Past: 1994 White Protege DX ~DEAD~

Current: 05' Onyx Black Mazda 6 'S' ~Bone Stock~

Originally posted by TheMAN
                            you MUST keep in mind the 2nd gen is the bastard child of the proteges...

Comment

I like your new wheels even better.
                              Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Working...
                              X