Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protege 2.0L same as new 3's 2.0L ?

Would have post this in the Mazda 3 forum, but I don't got one

Anyway, the January Motor Trends states in a small blurb the following about the new 3, " Last year's 2.0L Protege engine - jumps from 130 to 148 horses in federal tune, thanks to variable induction and better breathing".

Any one have more insight to what changed and if our Proteges can benefit from its offspring? 130 to 148 hp is a nice little increase IMO.
    Yao!

The "MZR" (LF-DE) 2.0 and (L3-VE) 2.3 liter engines are totally new and don't share anything in comming with the outgoing FS-DE.

Clint/1999 "Sport20"

Comment

Variable timing would be really nice to have... that's the one thing I've always liked about Hondas.

Comment

Thanks for the replies,
        I though that blurp in Motor Trend was a little mis-worded, oh well...
        Yao!

Comment

is the variable timing the same idea as the V-Tech?

and the VVTI in yota's?

so, now we(mazda) have one too, huh, what are we gonna call it then

Mods :

Racing Beats Springs...Racing beat Exhast (catback)...Boston Accoustics...50% tint all over ...Piaa superwhite fog lights...blue neon under seats... mesh grill (looks good, see for your self)...6cd OEM changer...blue engine loom in engine...clear corner turn signals...Kenwood amp(600W)

My car gallery

My car in silver

CRV.... Sold....sniff, sniff

Comment

Originally posted by pro00
            is the variable timing the same idea as the V-Tech?

and the VVTI in yota's?

so, now we(mazda) have one too, huh, what are we gonna call it then
            Mazda has had variable valve timing for awhile, just not in the US. It has been called S-VT or something like that. My hyphen might be off.
            "Hey look at me, I'm stupid as hell and can't even breath properly, little alone read!" - Master Shake
            2001 Mazda Protege MP3, with Flyin' Protege Turbo Kit

www.triplezoom.com

Comment

I've actually read a few reviews that said the 2.0 in the 3 was carryover from the Protege. I really wish the people who did these reviews would do some research.
              -Chris
              '02 Black Mica LX

Comment

Working...
              X