help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help

as some of you may know im putting a klde in my mx3.. i had it in at one point fora day having kl31cams in it and realised it had leaky rings so the engine was pulled backout and iput klze pistonsandrings in and it was put backtogehter and now it wont start... it blows andsucks out hte exhuast in a cycle and idk .. the timing is off and cant figure out why the the timing gears are ligned up however when the crank says its top dead center the piston isnt all the way up . , is there a diff between the k8 sprocket adn the klde one? im not sure if maybe they got mixed up during hte swap but its the only one i can find.. and idk what one is what.. any help is a big help i need this thing runningtodayyyyy thanks

:cough: BP :cough:

Comment

dick :D

Comment

Originally posted by Jho View Post
        :cough: BP :cough:
        lol...let me know if ur plan all works out!

Comment

as it sitsrightnowits sucking in the exhuast and blowing out the intake

Comment

Firing is definately off... it's like the cams are swapped with the each other. Like the intake cam in on the exhaust and vice-a-versa.

Restart from the beginning and check everything out... when number one is firing the intake should be closing and the exhaust should be opening. Turn it manually over by hand and check it out.

JoN - Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Journeyman
            Member of MX-3.com
            1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica
            1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE - Raspberry... RIP

Racing BP (Project "Blue" Marlin)... Twin Scroll GT3071R, breaking 30psi at the moment!

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Comment

did u try what i told u sat?

Comment

wow that is crazy weird, hope you get it going i know nothing about the v6 engines sorry man
                In the Garage
                Black 93 MX-3 GS
                Bp powered
                GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

well its running now we ended up retiming it aggaaainnnandit worked.. so now the car is running althoughhaving another prob, i had to relocate the battery to the hatch and i ran back 4 gauge ground and power and for some reason its starting realllly really hard and popping the 80 amp fuse i hgave by the battery , and then i put ina 200amp fuseand it turnsit cherry red and smokes... should i run another power wire back? and ground?

Comment

i put the battery in the trunk also blew the 80 amp fuses like crazy, so i put a solid piece of metal and it worked ok from then but i had to sand it ocassionally cause the metal had burn marks never firgured out how to end that... does it really need to have a fuse? i kinda wish i had just done a distribution block with no fuse instead
                    In the Garage
                    Black 93 MX-3 GS
                    Bp powered
                    GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                    MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

4 guage isn't big enough. 1/0 gauge should be the minimum for a trunk relocation. Go to your local welding supply store and ask for welding leads, they'll get the job done. Welding lead is the only wire I use for relocations.

Kane

Comment

Working...
                      X