Wiper blades.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiper blades.

I don't know in what section it's better to post this.
    What kind of wiper blades are good? I'm about to change them soon. Also I had to put additional springs because at 100 and over they didn't do anything.
    98 protege LX for appearance
    89 626 GT for performance

I think pretty much any new wiper blades will do sir... no matter what they will work better than the older ones you have now

Are you talking about good for function, or good for appearance, personally I would just stick with some regular old wiper blades from autozone or pep boys... I hear that the "Double Wiper Blade" plastic ones can break in the winter??? This is just what the dude from Autozone told me... Meh. If you are just talking about performance --- do whatever... I plan on just using OEM blades forever... and maybe just painting my wiper blade arms my car color for appearance...

Ask around I guess, I may be wrong....

This is besides the point but... I would suggest getting some Rain-X Windshield Washer Fluid for the winter, the type that doesnt freeze over... I believe its in an orange bottle... yeah.. just for safety... Peace
    1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
    1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
    2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
    2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

Thanks. Basicly I care about how it works much more then how it looks. I want to see

Comment

Eugene,

Try the silicone blades they have at Wal-Mart. They are cheaper then the Teflon ones at crappy tire and silicone works better. I've tried the Teflon ones and honestly, they don't make much of a difference, expecially for the money.

Also, you can try checking out the Automotive Warehouse on the QEW and Glendale. I see they have some natural rubber blades there for a pretty good price. Not sure how good they are, but they sound good.
        2002 Blackmica P5
        CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

So far I've liked OEM ones the best, but living in California I don't get that much of a chace to try them out. My all time favorite wipers were OEM Toyota wipers on my Camry, haha
          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

My oem whiper blades are just starting to go bad and I have had them for over a year. I think I might just get them again since I have never had blades last me this long before. I always bought the cheapest I could get at wal-mart though. That might be part of it.

I also find that cleaning the blades helps them last longer.
            02 Protege ES

Comment

My wiper blades only smear rain these days. I just use Rain-X all the time now. Works so much better than wipers, well once you hit about 40mph or so.

Comment

Actualy I went to Automotive warehouse and the guy recommend me buy blades somewhere else LOL .
                Thanks for help guys.

Comment

i just use the rain X wipers and the rain X washer fluid.... i use to think that was such BS how well it worked in the commercials but my god its awsome..... even in the snow it worked well....

Comment

i just rain-x'd my windshield the other day...
                    today is the first day it's rained since, so i'm going to test it for the first time later...
                    i've had these wiper blades since i bought the car... the previous owner told me i should replace them...
                    that was almost a year ago...
                    *cough* it being winter... in washington, i think that's a good idea...

just gonna go with cheap ones, because yeah, i'm sure they'll work better than what i have right now...
                    justin
                    Protege - 1993 - White - LX - AT - 170k miles
                    installed--- Glass Sunroof, ZX2 S\R struts, Eibachs, custom intake, mp3 headunit, Enkei RS6 16" wheels

Comment

Yeah... the RAIN-X washer fluid is the ****... I almost got in a wreck cause I was staring with a glazing sparkle in my eye as the water beaded up on the windshield... Its intruiging...

Peace,
                      "MeeN"
                      1998 Subaru Forester S/Turbo | Shaggin' Wagon
                      1990 Mazda Miata MX5 | WTF I can drag asphalt with my hand
                      2003 MuZ Baghira 660 SM | Single Slammer
                      2008 KTM 250sx 2T Supermoto | Kart Track Killer

Shift_Buy Broken & Build...

Comment

I like to stick to the OEM blades (both for appearance and better wiping performance), but I change just the inserts using Lexor inserts from Wal-Mart (style "B").

I've never found an aftermarket blade that works even half as well as OEM, even the stuff that was supposed to be as good or better.

One that I've never tried, but suppose could be good are the Bosch OEM style blades.
                        Try pie. Try.

Comment

Originally posted by multipath
                          I like to stick to the OEM blades (both for appearance and better wiping performance), but I change just the inserts using Lexor inserts from Wal-Mart (style "B").

I've never found an aftermarket blade that works even half as well as OEM, even the stuff that was supposed to be as good or better.

One that I've never tried, but suppose could be good are the Bosch OEM style blades.
                          Nah, the OEM ones are still better than the Bosch.
                          2006 Mazda 3 hatchback manual

Comment

I love rain-x. I need to change my wiper blades as well.
                            "mess with the mazda...... mess with the chick......."mazdachic"

I don't go looking for no trouble but somehow the trouble always finds me, Don't make me have you in the trauma center With your momma crying cause her only son is dying, She just don't know it's just your karma catching up cause I'm a Drama Setter

Comment

i have had a pair of daobble wiper blades b4 and they worked just as good as the reg blades.....then they got jacked so ill just stick to the reg 1's lol......
                              91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.