New, and i need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New, and i need some help

Ok so here is the deal, me and some of my friends are trying to find a decent place to order parts for my 98 Mazda Protege. We have already done previous mod-ing to a 2nd gen Mitsubishi Eclipse, 2nd gen Mazda RX7, Nissan 350Z, and my buddys CRX. So we have an idea of what we are doing.
    I just bought this car and was going to use it as a car to fix up, but now its my daily driver and i just sold my 2nd gen Mitsubishi Eclipse so that i can affort to fix this car up. If you could please direct me to a good place to buy parts and if you have any suggestions on spacific parts for this year of Protege please tell me, im all ears. Thanks guys.
    Attached Files

I could really use some help any if you have it

Comment

way to fail.
      Unless your 2nd gen eclipse was n/a. then its a neutral trade

you bought the worst mazda platform to build on ever.
      I have about 10k in my 2nd gen including parts and my labour.
      And it is still pretty slow. And when its not slow it blows up.

And better yet the shi-ty obd2 will throw a cel at fuc-ing anything.
      Use it as a daily beater.
      Mod something else.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

ouch kitty. never the less Welcome aboard
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

The 2nd gen isnt an easy platform to modify.

And its not like anyone else was responding.
          Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
          kitty, you are a hilarious woman
          Originally posted by HopelessCow
          there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
          Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
            The 2nd gen isnt an easy platform to modify.

And its not like anyone else was responding.
            Good point. Even boosting a bp would be more difficult with the whole obd2 deal. Trade it in on a 1st gen or just use it as a daily.

That is a sweet color though.
            1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
            1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
            2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
            2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
            .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

k i might, but i would really like to fix this car...but if i can find a first gen protege i will try, thanks

Comment

well if you were lucky enough to pick up a es... that's about as good as you're gonna get. there's little to no support for that generation and it's odbII so it's a pain to modify anyway. i've considered getting a 2nd gen a few times and always comes back to the fact i'd rather spend less on a 1st gen or just get a protege 5.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

yeah i have been debating on if i should trade it in and get a 1st gen, or trade it in and start payments on a Mazda 6...idk if i wanna spend the money buying a Mazda 6 and money fixing it up, or just trade mine in for a 1st gen protege

Comment

the mazda 6 is sucky to mod too. Not to mention having a car payment which makes modding slow. Do a BP swap on the protege and forget about it. I only spent 3k on my BP swap.
                    BP swap is the single most cost effective thing you can do to make a 2nd gen faster. And it is still slow as **** IMO (which is biased because I have a turbo 323) but none the less a BP will make it at least merge on to the highway with the same speed as traffic. The z5 POS will cause you to be in the way merging. Epic lolz
                    Last edited by wheresthericego; 03-09-2008, 12:57 PM.
                    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                    |.....Overnight....................| ||
                    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

you can boost the z5 engine on low boost, ricardS ran his for a good while. like that
                      ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                      he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

well its pretty quick in general and i dont have a problem getting onto the interstate at the same speed as the rest of traffic

Comment

Originally posted by BBProtege View Post
                          Ok so here is the deal, me and some of my friends are trying to find a decent place to order parts for my 98 Mazda Protege. We have already done previous mod-ing to a 2nd gen Mitsubishi Eclipse, 2nd gen Mazda RX7, Nissan 350Z, and my buddys CRX. So we have an idea of what we are doing.
                          I just bought this car and was going to use it as a car to fix up, but now its my daily driver and i just sold my 2nd gen Mitsubishi Eclipse so that i can affort to fix this car up. If you could please direct me to a good place to buy parts and if you have any suggestions on spacific parts for this year of Protege please tell me, im all ears. Thanks guys.
                          Your Protege looks clean(not shiny clean in that pic, but clean like no dents or rust or anything) and that color is awesome. Either do a BP swap or possibly do a KL V6 swap from a MX-6/Probe GT/626. You can get it together with OBDII and with ~170hp it'll be fun and reliable, and a nice car really.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                          On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                          My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

yeah haha i just cleaned it like the day after that i will get a different pic, i like the color as well but i am thinking on a Midnight Blue after i get the titan body kit for it, and the KL V6 Swap sounds like a good idea i know a friend that had a front axle break in his MX-6 so he is selling it for a parts car for like 300 so i could probably get that from him

Comment

That sounds like a great deal. If you do do a v6 swap into a 2nd gen you must do a how to .
                              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
                              X