how similar are the bf gtx and bg 4wd suspesion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how similar are the bf gtx and bg 4wd suspesion

like it says how close are bg and bf suspension for the 4wd cars?

thanks
    88 323 bf (parts)
    88 gtx (project)
    88 gtx (project)
    91 323 lx (sadly sleeping in the snow)
    94 toyota pickup (not happy)
    05 mazda 3 (DD)
    91 mustang w/ 351w (sold)

too many projects

not. at. all. spindles, tophats, rotors, brake caliper/pads, axles, hubs, springs, struts, are all different.
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

ok thanks for the reply
      cheers
      88 323 bf (parts)
      88 gtx (project)
      88 gtx (project)
      05 mazda 3 (DD)

too many projects

Comment

the bg 4wd and 2wd suspension are almost exactly the same as i understand it... and the bf 4wd and 2wd is close in the front but totally different in the rear also... i know it's not what you asked but i figured i'd give you more info on the matter.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
        1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
        1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
        1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
        1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

no its very much appreciated thanks. now i just have to source up some money and figure out a suspension setup. the guy i bought it from said that i had tokico shocks so ill go from there

cheers
          88 323 bf (parts)
          88 gtx (project)
          88 gtx (project)
          05 mazda 3 (DD)

too many projects

Comment

bf or bg?

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

from what I've seen of my 4wd it looks like the spring set up in the back of the BG 4wd is different from the fwd.

Comment

i've been told the rear bg 4wd struts are slightly different from the rear 2wd bg struts but fronts are the same
                In the Garage
                Black 93 MX-3 GS
                Bp powered
                GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

The BF GTX and BG 4wd share the rear stabilizer bar, don't they?
                  1990 Protege 4WD
                  GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                  ├┼┤
                  2 4 R

Seeking: Canadian 4WD seatbelts.

Comment

the north american 4wd... maybe... but i don't think so. i know the jdm bg 4wd rear sway bar is thinker.

Comment

Has anybody tried Whitline springs (for BG 4wd)? Found them here for ~270 + shipping.

According to fordlaser.com they are a good stiff linear rate spring similar to King springs.
                      1990 Protege 4WD
                      GT-X BP26 swap [AT->MT]|Cup holder cut to fit|Synthetic gear oil|Synthetic brake fluid|Corksport SS brake/clutch lines|Mazdaspeed HV oil pump|GT-X front STB|Corksport type I rear STB|Matching full-size spare wheel|Homebrew Brass shifter bushing|Speed Source brass shifter cable bushings|EDM headlights/corners|FMIC|EDM cabin vents

1 3 5
                      ├┼┤
                      2 4 R

Comment

I've got whitelines on the street car, and they seem to work just fine.
                        '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                        '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                        http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

How much of a drop do they give?
                          1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                          ├┼┤
                          2 4 R

Comment

Having very limited experience with stock protege, I'm not sure! I'd say this car is riding about 1.5" low, maybe more. Who can tell me the ride height of a stock prot from the ground to the bottom of the pinch welds? I'll go measure the next time it's parked on concrete.
                            '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
                            '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
                            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
                            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

Wish I could help. Mine is on stock auto springs, but no longer auto so it would be higher than stock.

1.5" sounds reasonable though. I just don't want to be hitting things that I'm used to driving over.

Found an article from an australian magazine linked from Whiteline's website. Pg. 3 says 25mm drop in front and 35mm rear. Here it is.
                              1990 Protege 4WD

1 3 5
                              ├┼┤
                              2 4 R

Comment

Working...
                              X