S-10 air dam installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S-10 air dam installation

I went to the j-yard and picked up a 86-91 Chevy S-10 air dam to install on the gtx.

It's pretty simple really. I temporarily held it on with two zip ties. One at either end... and later added some screws.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
    1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
    1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
    1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
    1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

looks good. i wonder if that would work on the 1st gens.. .
    My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

probably not.. there's about an inch and a half difference in width of the bumper.

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

the 1st gens have 1.5in less than the bf's?
        My car is a Vazondissan. Part Nissan. Part Mazda. Part Ford. Part VW. Part Honda.

1993 Protege - DX with LX upgrades. Still rockin' the SOHC. Custom HID headlight Retrofit.

2009 Mazda 3 - Finacee Car. No power nothing. About to trade in for a 2014 Mazda 6 Sport.

Install Shifter Bushings: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...491#post646491

Custom HID's: http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/show...&highlight=hid

Comment

Originally posted by 93BlkOnGreenPro View Post
          the 1st gens have 1.5in less than the bf's?
          Yep. The BG front bumper is 1 piece that narrows drastically at the bottom, while the BF's has the actual bumper and then a metal lower valence. It's wider than the bottom of the BG bumper.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
          On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
          My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

yeah but i'm a gtx so i don't have that metal valence. i have an all plastic bumper. the bg bumper is wider.. when i go to the j-yard again i'll compare the s-10 lip to a bg bumper.

Comment

I just bought an air danm at the j-yard a week ago, deciding it wouldnt hurt to have. My only dilema is my driveway, and how steep it is at the base. Guess ile find out if it will work or not on tuesday.
              Mazda
              1988 Black 323 GT
              DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Looks good
                1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
                  I just bought an air danm at the j-yard a week ago, deciding it wouldnt hurt to have. My only dilema is my driveway, and how steep it is at the base. Guess ile find out if it will work or not on tuesday.
                  i have been driving low lows all my life. back in at an angle. if that doesn't work, nothing will.
                  miss my '93 LX at every corner
                  photo album
                  Catch me on Facebook

Comment

looks cool. I'd like to try to make it work. Nothing jb weld on the back cant fix. **** the 626 lip is 2 pieces too
                    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                    |.....Overnight....................| ||
                    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

808 you gotta give me a ride sometime. that car just looks fun

Comment

Nothin Special!
                        Just kidding, its a rally car, of course its fun.
                        Mazda
                        1988 Black 323 GT
                        DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Another option is a Mazda front air dam PN 8AG1-51-9H0.

George

Comment

George... are you on the yahoo list?

And the gtx was described by SCC as the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Comment

S-10 Airdam is installed, but talk about a real Bitch! Its hard doin it by yourself with a bunch of blocks of wood, a drill, and a 4 ton Jack!
                              Mazda
                              1988 Black 323 GT
                              DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Working...
                              X