Which air intake filters are the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which air intake filters are the best?

I was just wondering what is the best kind on filters that you can seriously tell a differents. One of my boys brother has a 2002 mazda protege and he took it off because he is about to sell the car and he said i can have his HKS air filter and it fell like the car runs better.. i had to do a alot of adjustment to making that filter fit my air intake.... tell me what ya think...

AND I WANT A STOCK PROTEGE WING FOR MY PRO I CANT FIND ONE>>>

HKS
    Last edited by ProjectProtege; 12-19-2003, 12:48 PM.
    Ratrod

that's actually an HKS filter. from what i've heard they're pretty good. HKS is a very reputable japanese company
    '04 altima 2.5s sonoma sunset

Nismo CAI
    18" ASA AR1's wrapped in Dunlop Direzza 225/45WR18

Comment

my bad i was typin to fast....

Ratrod

Comment

Comment

that's a really good article and it's true.
          NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

you poor poor soul.. that intake.. 3 inch 90 degree bend ebay style? i have the same set up and keep having a problem with the silicone seals ripping me a new asshole.. stepping back to stock intake pipe for now... as far as the hks mushroom filters, haven't heard a bad thing about them.. good luck.
            peace

pic of my engine bay (most recent) (red hose adapter slipped over the idle bypass to maintain hbox)
            Attached Files

Comment

that red battery looks good

Comment

Optima?

"Mazderati"
                91 LX DOHC 5 speed V8 stocker
                Pioneer DEH-550MP, Infinity 6002i's, Pioneer 6x9s
                Uniden PC76XL w/ Astatic Road Devil & 5' Wilson Silverload

1982 Jeep Wagoneer Brougham
                AMC 360 V8, 4-speed, 4x4

Comment

the only thing i dont like is the intake. it looks like some cob job of pipes from a swimming pool filter

Comment

heh, that intake came out tonight.. i'm selling it off for 10 bucks plus shipping if anybody wants it.. and yes, thats an optima redtop battery with custom mounting (sits 2 to 3 inches shorter than normal stock battery, making it impossible to tie the battery down reliably WITHOUT modification). needless to say, can't find a 3 inch K&N cone style filter with rubber flange mounting... then again.. haven't looked anywhere besides pepboys
                    peace

Comment

Ambassador
                      Please Tell me how it is a poor job and how it looks like pool pipes. Dont be a smartass about my air intake im just askin if the filter is a good one i wasnt askin for your smart remarks...
                      And for where i got it i got it from www.theshowzone.com and truck and car performance shop... ANtother thing i thought this club protege site was for to get help with problems with proteges and ideas for there own, not to diss parts that peolple have put to gether or where they got them from...
                      Last edited by ProjectProtege; 12-20-2003, 01:08 PM.
                      Ratrod

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectProtege
                        Ambassador
                        Please Tell me how it is a poor job and how it looks like pool pipes. Dont be a smartass about my air intake im just askin if the filter is a good one i wasnt askin for your smart remarks...
                        And for where i got it i got it from www.theshowzone.com and truck and car performance shop...

Read the entire post before you make a comment

Comment

b
                          Last edited by ProjectProtege; 12-20-2003, 01:13 PM.
                          Ratrod

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectProtege
                            Whats work with it im just gettin my point out....

What are you saying?

Comment

he said it was a poor job look up there and see what he wrote me....i mean i came here to check out other i did nt know other dude s would hate on other cars...
                              Ratrod

Comment

Working...
                              X