New to the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the site

Hi, I'm Scott & I have a 1997 Protege I'm working on but it's tough to find the parts I want for my car! Right now, I'm considering an engine swap but don't know what to look for....my current on is the 1.5L....

Yo. Welcomes to the place where stuff happens. An engine swap would be a good idea, since the 1.5 is gutless. hard part is sourcing everything you'd need to do the 1.8 swap. There's a few threads about doing the swap on here. Take a look around, tons of info to read.

No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

I've found the threads & for the most part everyone seems to agree that the 1.8L will fit into the engine bay & mount up fine, but I have to make sure to get the right harness. The only other question I had was knowing if the 1.8L will bolt up to my manual tranny.

Comment

i have a thread that we all discussed it
        and we believe that if you really wanna put some time and effort into figuring out how
        try a V6 engine swap 2.5L from a MX-6, Probe GT, or a 626
        you will have to have a new transmission but it will be a fast car
        and it will be alot easier to find performance parts for it
        i myself am attempting this
        i am going to a salvage yard today to get an MX-6 engine

Comment

Guys good luckwith the swaps and finding engines. Is there anyone who put a MSP turbo engine on 2nd gen or early (99-00) 3rd gens

Comment

Welcome to the party.
            1999 Mazda Protegé LX (FS-DE Swap)
            [BBS][GT Spec][Corksport][Falken][Mazdaspeed][Racing Beat][HKS]

Comment

How easy will a 2.5L fit into the engine bay? I'm also not sure I want to change out the transmission either....money's kind of an issue.

Comment

the BP will fit fine in the LX. Also the f series tranny will bolt right up to the BP. The hardest part will be finding a harness. When I did my swap I boought a brand new harness from the dealership. They had to have mazda Japan make one so it took like a month. I searched for a harness for a year with no luck from the junkyards
                I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                |.....Overnight....................| ||
                |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

welcome to the community!
                  ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                  he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Welcome
                    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
                    X