Turbo kit.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo kit.....

anyone have a turbo kit installed on their first gen?? How much did it totally cost you?? Thanks
    Eat ****.

I got the GTX turbo. I think to get started and run safely you'll have to be spending at least a few "Gs"
    -Robert
    '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

Im thinkin of buyin another bp, then gettin it rebuilt maybe with a lil lower compression pistons, like 9.0:1 like my talon, I can get a brand new t-25 from a friend for free. id have to fbrcate it up to a custom manifold im guessing, then i can get the fuel system for relatively cheap, 430cc injectors walbro 255 lph fuel pump, afpr, and such. Id probably just run a S AFC until i can afford a haltech or another EMS. Piping, intercooler, bov. I can get a sparco fmic from a friend also, the bov, probably a turboxs or something. and piping, id just fab up my own. Does that sound doeable????
      Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
        Im thinkin of buyin another bp, then gettin it rebuilt maybe with a lil lower compression pistons, like 9.0:1 like my talon, I can get a brand new t-25 from a friend for free. id have to fbrcate it up to a custom manifold im guessing, then i can get the fuel system for relatively cheap, 430cc injectors walbro 255 lph fuel pump, afpr, and such. Id probably just run a S AFC until i can afford a haltech or another EMS. Piping, intercooler, bov. I can get a sparco fmic from a friend also, the bov, probably a turboxs or something. and piping, id just fab up my own. Does that sound doeable????
        Yeah that sounds doable to me. The BP comes with 9:1 compression pistons stock, so you wouldn't have to worry about lowering it.
        -Robert
        '93 Protege Turbo LX 5-speed

-GTX VJ-20 turbo w/ custom downpipe, Haltech E6K Kit w/ 3Bar MAP sensor & O2 sensor (Engine Management System), .040 overbored pistons with slightly raised compression, Resurfaced cylinder head & valve job, GReddy Type-S BOV, Turbo XS boost controller, 450cc injectors, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, 22"x9"x3" FMIC, full 3" exhaust w/ Catco Catylic converter & Summit Turbo Muffler, ACT Clutch Kit (stage 2), Uretheane shifter bushing, Triple Gauge Pod w/ Boost, Air/Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure gauges, Falken Azenis Sport 195/60HR14 tires on steelies.

Comment

ohh sweet. What siz injectors do the gtr or gtx come with?
          Eat ****.

Comment

im thinking of a 14b mitsubishi turbo, i ran a 12.2 with one in my talon. They spool by about 2800 rpm's and pull till like 5400rpm's. A great all around turbo, they have been know to boost up to like 25lbs. And i can get one real cheap. What about the rx7, fd and fc, turbo's anyone have specs on them??
            Eat ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 91ProtegeLX
              ohh sweet. What siz injectors do the gtr or gtx come with?
              gtx come with 330, gtr comes with i believe 550.
              James G.
              sobe83@yahoo.com
              AIM: DVS 323BPT
              MySpace
              Cardomain
              <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

Originally posted by limpgtx
                gtx come with 330, gtr comes with i believe 550.
                I think the gtx is 330cc and gtr is 380cc. Not 550 fren. Even the Evo 3 injectors r only 510cc.

Just my 2 cents.
                1st gen Protege EL meter installed. Check out page 9 of my ride at the below link.

Check out my ride.
                Check out the Souped Up Custom Ford; Big Brother of My Car.

Comment

Originally posted by SpoolinPro93
                  Yeah that sounds doable to me. The BP comes with 9:1 compression pistons stock, so you wouldn't have to worry about lowering it.
                  I thought the gtx & gtr engines have a compression ratio of 8.0:1. Then again I might be wrong but definitely not 9:1.

Just 3 cents here.
                  1st gen Protege EL meter installed. Check out page 9 of my ride at the below link.

Check out my ride.
                  Check out the Souped Up Custom Ford; Big Brother of My Car.

Comment

You can get injectors from a turbo RX-7 (550cc)
                    2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

I have a GTR motor in my 91 LX and the specs I have in my GTR shop manual say,

Compression: 8.2:1
                      Injectors: 430cc

There are also perks to getting a GTR motor (if you can find one). The GTR's came with hollow cams, stronger rods, sodium filled exhaust valves, better intake manifold, and a larger turbo (which is also a ball bearing unlike the GTX motor). The GTR motor makes a healthy 210hp and 195 lb/ft of torque at the crank.

The GTX motor is also an excellent motor and easier to find than the GTR. However, you also have the 3rd option of just turboing you existing 1.8 BP. The standard BP motor is a good solid base to work with.

Adam
                      1991 Protege GTR
                      1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                      MODS:
                      GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                      TO DO LIST:
                      EDM/JDM rear bumper
                      EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                      Repaint car

Comment

would i have to get a gtx or gtr ecu?? Or would the apexi safc do the job??
                        Eat ****.

Comment

n.a bp is 8.9:1

Comment

I would recommend a GTX ecu for a BP turbo or a GTX motor. A GTR ecu will not work for a normal BP turbo or for a GTX due to different systems and settings. As far as I know, you could run a GTX ecu on a BP turbo and then use a Apexi S-AFC to smooth the air/fuel out.

Adam
                            1991 Protege GTR
                            1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
                            MODS:
                            GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
                            TO DO LIST:
                            EDM/JDM rear bumper
                            EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
                            Repaint car

Comment

Originally posted by iwokeupfrmadrea
                              n.a bp is 8.9:1
                              for SOHC
                              its 9.0:1 for DOHC
                              2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Working...