ugggg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ugggg

This is a horrible picture of my car getting lowered from the tow truck that cost me more than my current set of rims.

Either sudden massive water pump leak or a blown radiator hose caused me to go from below midway on the temp gauge to beyond hot in about 15min. The first gas station exit I got to the car was detonating.

Car wouldn't crank to turn it around to go on the flat bed the "proper" way.

Things aren't looking good.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Cooked it good did ya ?
    I got a car so hot on the highway that it shut down ,wouldnt crank and the oil was boiling.
    Powered by ACME

Comment

the thing that sucks is I just cleaned the engine bay:/
      Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

A running engine with a dirty bay is for shure a better place to be
        Powered by ACME

Comment

I'll be beating the piss out of it by next week.

Plus it'll be a hell of alot easier to replace those steering rack and front sway bar bushings.

Hell I should get a new front bar.

No I shouldn't the car plows enough.
          Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

lol you might as well "while your in there"
            Powered by ACME

Comment

compression numbers(not fully warmed up)

cause of failure
              blown lower radiator hose.

Current plan
              Nothing
              The motor was pretty consistent at 150 the last time I did it.

I didn't let the car warm up completely as I didn't have alot of time.
              Clearly the motor recived the most damage on the passenger side.

The car cranked fine.
              And the head doesn't appear to be cracked.

I'm going to monitor the water level closely to see if I do lose any.

I'm differently not going to boost this motor though. That would just be asking for trouble.
              Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Damn, sucks. Atleast you didn't destroy the thing or catch the car on fire or something.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

I missed this thread this morning when I logged on for a second.... That sucks. I love AAA. I've used it more on other peoples cars then I have on mine tho. But whatever, its cheap.
                  I thought you just replaced the coolant lines? That sucks about the compression numbers. Let it warm up and try again.
                  Lower compression gives you more room for boost
                  I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                  |.....Overnight....................| ||
                  |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                  |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                  "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                  Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

I replaced the oil cooler line.
                    Not the actual radiator lines.

I guess they're all going to burst rather soon.:/

And I got dropped from tripple a 3 or 4 years ago.

I "abused" my membership.
                    Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Why did it burst ?was it "tired"or was there an excessive pressure build up?