I think its finally gone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its finally gone.

You know that gut feeling of yours thet usually ends up being true? Well, Ive got a good idea that my headgaskets blown on the ol B6T. And it couldnt come at a worse time. Im on a tight budget, and dont have exactly all the denearo's to rebuild the engine just yet.

I hate it when money is an issue.
    Mazda
    1988 Black 323 GT
    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Suckage. If you can get a gasket by Friday, I'll help you tear it down and replace it. I'm there, friday night to sunday night, in Forest Grove. I could use some mazda time.
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

oh.... dude.. ****ty.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
      1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
      1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
      1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
      1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
        You know that gut feeling of yours thet usually ends up being true? Well, Ive got a good idea that my headgaskets blown on the ol B6T. And it couldnt come at a worse time. Im on a tight budget, and dont have exactly all the denearo's to rebuild the engine just yet.

I hate it when money is an issue.
        Tell me when money isn't an issue

Pat.
        sigpic

Comment

lol, that sucks bad, I think mine's gone too and I have $8 to my name until the Friday after next.
          Fast, cheap, reliable: pick two.

1992 Mercury Capri XR2 130xxx miles SOLD

1990 Honda Civic SI
          186k 10:1 hybrid motor
          d16 on 10 pounds will turn ya out.

sigpic

Comment

Craig, You gonna be around? I can easily get the gasket set, but the only thing that has me holding back, is the idea of blowing out the bottom end after replacing the Headgasket.

The symptoms are very minimul right now, no smoke, no coolant in the oil, just coolant loss, and there is absolutley nothing on the ground, or leaking any where. Also rough idle at first fireup.

So is that a real problem ya think? Blowing out the bottom end on an engine with a minor leak, thts never overheated? What about machining the head?

But Craig, if your around, I wont turn down the help. Ile find someway to make it worth your while.

Edit: Called Derrick at CS, he can get the parts asap, which is no problem, so my other question is replacing the rings while in there. How much work is involved with rings? Ive yet to do anything that far into an engine, hense why I ask.
            Last edited by FamiliaGT; 03-18-2008, 07:35 PM.
            Mazda
            1988 Black 323 GT
            DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

.... doesnt help that i just got a letter from oregon. Radar Photo of Speeding in a work zone. 15 over. Last time i check, your supposed to have a sign ahead of the danm van stating a radar is around? Wasnt there, and it was on a sunday. No work being done. Something fishy.
              Mazda
              1988 Black 323 GT
              DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

where was the speed trap so I know to avoid it when I come out
                No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by FamiliaGT View Post
                  .... doesnt help that i just got a letter from oregon. Radar Photo of Speeding in a work zone. 15 over. Last time i check, your supposed to have a sign ahead of the danm van stating a radar is around? Wasnt there, and it was on a sunday. No work being done. Something fishy.
                  That sucks! I hate that stuff...MO is better about it I think except now the fines in a work zone are killer. I just got 2 tickets in my BF week before last. 1(29mph over) is taken care of and was only $95(thanks Illinois!) no points, but the other one was on the highway I drive almost every day, I was "paced" by "DarthVader" who is a military-looking young guy in a Dodge Charger that is gray with tinted windows, virtually unmarked, with a rapid ticket printing machine inside. He came flying up behind me and when I saw him I immediately got over and slowed down but somehow he paced me right at 80mph, conveniently an even 20 over the limit(I admit I was speeding but more like 75mph) which means that a court appearance is required. 19 and under isn't. I have to lawyer up to get it taken care of and it's not gonna be cheap. The 27-over ticket I got in my Miata 2 years ago, in the same revenue-hungry county, ended up being like $500 all said and done for no points, and I had to take a $50, 2 days 4hrs each Defensive Driving course. I'm not sure how they'll own me this time if they see I already took the course.

Good luck with the car and your ticket.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                  On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                  My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Well, I was only 15 over, which still nailed me with a 205 ticket. Eitherway, next paycheck wont be goin to the car like i had hoped. But it will atleast be taken care of. Like i said, im sick of Oregon and their crappy traffic system. I miss cali, where some of the cops dont care if your doin 90 in the fast lane.
                    Mazda
                    1988 Black 323 GT
                    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

eh, speeding doesn't bother me in OR. I'm usually 5-10 over everwhere. its the damned gas. I seriously plan my trips to OR to limit filling the tank ONCE. If I wanted an underpaid slack to fill my tank, I'd ask. Making it manditory just pisses me off. Emily had never filled a tank till she came out to montana. WTF? it just breeds idiots imo.

Comment

Originally posted by almighty4wd View Post
                        eh, speeding doesn't bother me in OR. I'm usually 5-10 over everwhere. its the damned gas. I seriously plan my trips to OR to limit filling the tank ONCE. If I wanted an underpaid slack to fill my tank, I'd ask. Making it manditory just pisses me off. Emily had never filled a tank till she came out to montana. WTF? it just breeds idiots imo.
                        I think New Jersey is like that too. It doesn't make any sense. Here in MO you're hard-pressed to find a station that is full service unless you are in a rural part and Hank has his 12 year old boy Bobby fill your tank for some candy or something.

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
                        On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
                        My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Well, Its looking like a great outcome. Craig with his experience is commin out to help me out with the rings and gasket, so hopefully we will be down for just a day.

Thanks Craig!
                          Mazda
                          1988 Black 323 GT
                          DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                            That sucks! I hate that stuff...MO is better about it I think except now the fines in a work zone are killer. I just got 2 tickets in my BF week before last. 1(29mph over) is taken care of and was only $95(thanks Illinois!) no points, but the other one was on the highway I drive almost every day, I was "paced" by "DarthVader" who is a military-looking young guy in a Dodge Charger that is gray with tinted windows, virtually unmarked, with a rapid ticket printing machine inside. He came flying up behind me and when I saw him I immediately got over and slowed down but somehow he paced me right at 80mph, conveniently an even 20 over the limit(I admit I was speeding but more like 75mph) which means that a court appearance is required. 19 and under isn't. I have to lawyer up to get it taken care of and it's not gonna be cheap. The 27-over ticket I got in my Miata 2 years ago, in the same revenue-hungry county, ended up being like $500 all said and done for no points, and I had to take a $50, 2 days 4hrs each Defensive Driving course. I'm not sure how they'll own me this time if they see I already took the course.

Good luck with the car and your ticket.
                            You guys are lucky you are not driving here in Ontario, speeding tickets up your insurance rates here, get enough tickets and you can lose your safe driving discount. You cannot legally be refused insurance but you can be sent to what is known as facilility. The rates in facility are so high most just cannot afford it. And if you can afford it takes years to get back your safe driving.

It is not unkown for several tickets to have cost people 30 0r 40 grand in insurance before getting back to reasonable rates
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MazKid View Post
                              I think New Jersey is like that too. It doesn't make any sense. Here in MO you're hard-pressed to find a station that is full service unless you are in a rural part and Hank has his 12 year old boy Bobby fill your tank for some candy or something.
                              Yup, I was getting gas with my cousin, lives in NJ, and the attendant was taking his sweet ass time so I said **** I'll get out and do it myself. My cousin's response was shocking; "really!? You can do that?". Uh....yeah.

Of course as soon as I got out and started to remove the gas cap the attendant comes running over.

On some really ****ty nights when its cold out and raining it might be nice, but for it to be mandatory is just retarded.

On the topic of speeding tickets; got one on a highway for 79 in a 65, a total of $180. Thing that pisses me off is the only reason I got pulled over was because of the time of night. I had worked 2nd shift and it was 12-1 in the morning. I do that speed every day on that same highway on the way in to work and don't get pulled over because everybody and their sister is doing the same speed as well. God forbid you go that "fast" when the highway is clear late at night.

The next week I was lasered on a major highway doing 75-80 in a 55, but it was 4:30 in the afternoon. The two bike cops didn't even flinch as I was simply keeping pace with the rest of the commuters making their way home after work.
                              Originally posted by sube View Post
                              You guys are lucky you are not driving here in Ontario, speeding tickets up your insurance rates here, get enough tickets and you can lose your safe driving discount. You cannot legally be refused insurance but you can be sent to what is known as facilility. The rates in facility are so high most just cannot afford it. And if you can afford it takes years to get back your safe driving.

It is not unkown for several tickets to have cost people 30 0r 40 grand in insurance before getting back to reasonable rates
                              Oh tickets will mess up your insurance rates here in the US too, but I don't know about 30-40 grand. I've read that in Ga georgia anything under 15mph over doesn't get reported to the insurance Co. Wonder how true that is?
                              Last edited by Silentbob343; 03-19-2008, 08:38 PM.
                              2005 Mazda 3

Comment

Working...
                              X