Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GI: fiberglass a-pillar covers (last chance at this!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GI: fiberglass a-pillar covers (last chance at this!)

i will be making my set this month. im looking at 40z or 6oz fiberglass woven cloth. they will have metal clips attatched to the body of the molding and will function like stock.

if there is interest ill make a GB and the turn around will be 2 months from time of payment, this is after mine are made and i have a usable mold.

the price will be roughly $120 for a fully assembled and painted factory black set.

you would have to use the gaskets off your for both edges or i can aquire gaskets of similar design and attach them for a small fee(cost of material really).

post up any and all questions, im also considering critisism on price, if someone knows how to make them cheaper (i:e: you have dont F/G work before) im all ears, im doing this the way we made bumpers at my old job
    "Discontent is the first necessity of progress."
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

*Junked* 92 mx3, BP swap- milage whore, beaten up and down the east coast
    *Junked* KLZE powered 323 on Megasquirt 1
    172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.
    New Daily stock 1.6L 1999 Mazda Protege LX

17 views and no replies? wheres the 323 love?
    -Thomas A. Edison

"There is a fine line between ballin' on a budget, and dreamin' on an empty wallet."

172.60HP & 156.93 TQ with only headers and short ram intake. back under the knife for a BPT swap.

Comment

I gots a protege, so no love. Guess everybody has a set that's indestructable or won't be stolen?
      No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by almighty4wd View Post
        I gots a protege, so no love. Guess everybody has a set that's indestructable or won't be stolen?
        theres no such thing! i helped spen put one on yesterday and ****ing broke right in my hands while we were putting on the gasket!

oh well, ill go price out materials ad make myself and a few non forum peoples a set and leave it at that
        -Thomas A. Edison

Comment

first time i've even seen this. run it through, @ least make one set & get some pictures posted. can you make it out of any stronger material??
          ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
          he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

whatever kind of plastic a gauge piler is made of should be strong

Comment

wow as if you guys are having this much trouble with the a-pillar covers lol. i've never broken one before. don't seem to be cheap to me? lots of them at the wreckers too.

JACK.
              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

well the way i see it interest in anythign is low till sprign actually comes around. don't lose faith.... patience is a virtue
                ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
                he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Working...
                X