Announcement

Collapse

Merged Threads

All threads have been merged into regional general discussions.
If you need a thread moved to a specific state, Please PM a moderator
See more
See less

Mazdafest Northwest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mazdafest Northwest

A forum community dedicated to Mazda 3 and all Mazda vehicle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about MazdaSpeed performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

So how 'bout it?
    Southern California has Mazdafest and New Jersey has Mazda Fest. So why don't we have our own huge summer meet.

This would mainly be open for mazda owners from Vancouver, Canada to Northern California, though mazda owners from different regions are welcome to come.
    This would be a two day event including a car show, track time, dyno pulls, fender rolling, maybe a drive..............
    The best time to do this would be late July/sometime in August.
    The meet would probably be near Seattle since its 3 hours south of Vancouver and 3 hours north of Portland.
    So what are your guys thoughts/suggestions?

There are a lot of people in the NW, and we think we need a huge meet, across all models and 6 generations. I for one am all about this.
    No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Corksport has an anual meet (in Augest) at their shop in Vancouver WA. I'd be down for another meet though.
    91 323 GTX @ 16psi, 5 speed || December 07 R.O.T.M.
    Powered by MegaSquirt I PCB3, Tuned by Lex

More Information

Comment

Originally posted by redfox View Post
      Corksport has an anual meet (in Augest) at their shop in Vancouver WA. I'd be down for another meet though.
      are they having a cs meet this year for sure? i was excited to go to my first one last summer and they ended up not having one.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'm always down for a meet if I'm in town.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
        1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
        1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
        1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
        1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

As long as there are true commitments to events, I'm sure the community can put something together. If in Seattle, any possibility of getting time at SIR? There's lots of meeting space, and of course the track.

Comment

get us track time at sir or portland and I'll see to it that I'm there. It's been way too long since I've done any track time.
            '90 AWD Protege, full GTR drivetrain swap, ~320 whp daily driver, RIP, and
            '90 AWD Protege, yet another GTR swap, Open class rallycar with a Toyota GT4 gearbox swap, thus crossing the line between hobby and mental illness. And a Brabus E55 K8, removing all doubt.
            http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/vbpi...?do=view&g=110
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2599486

Comment

I'd love to do some track time... or just a meet... or a friendly cruise... or whatever.

1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead

Comment

My meet is still going to happen on time.

Last edited by TurboProto; 03-24-2008, 12:04 AM.
                1990 Protege 4wd: BP05 forged internals, Mild ported head, GTR intake manifold, Gates racing timing belt, GTX transmission, Stage 3 clutch, 60trim T-3 turbo, Custom down pipe,3" Stainles exhaust, , Walbro fuel pump, RB-Performance fmic kit, HKS bov, Aurfa coilovers, F&R drilled slotted rotors, 16" BBS wrapped with Advan Novea tires, EDM glass headlights with HID's, Familia front and rear bumpers.

Boosted 1990 4WD
                http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32462

sigpic

Comment

and i'll be there too.

Comment

I'll be at Corksport soon, I'll talk to Jason to see if any other plans have developed. Just a thought, a rally out the gorge and back might be an idea, Hwy 14 is a blast thru the tunnels!

Comment

yea, cops absolutely love 14 too!
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh, really, that's how long I've been out Hwy 14, that sucks. What other routes might be good for a rally rip?

Comment

Originally posted by me19875 View Post
                          are they having a cs meet this year for sure? i was excited to go to my first one last summer and they ended up not having one.
                          Don't hold your breath. :/

Comment

you will definately pass out waiting for the CS event. No go for this year.

Comment

im down if its in the portland vancouver area. Dont know if i can make anything longer or farther away, but thats to be determind
                              Mazda
                              1988 Black 323 GT
                              DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Working...
                              X