light dimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

light dimming

Well Ive had my mx3(1994 rs,107k) for awhile now(not more then a year though).
    Well plain and simple my problem is this. When I have my dash lights on, and I step on the brake(turn on brake lights) the dash lights will dim.
    The dash lights also dim if I turn my headlights from low beams to high beams(I have silverstar ultras if that makes a differance).The lights dim for about 1-2 sec. I know nothing big. But its getting annoying.

Also I noticed today. When I had the e-brake up(e-brake light on) and I rolled down the windows, it also dimmed. Now the stuff Ive done that I think could make a difference plus the info.

Things Ive done so far-
    -New battery.
    -2 new 8G battery ground(switching to a single 4g this week).
    -New 8G engine ground.
    -Cleaned battery terminals.
    -I even took jumper cables, disconnected the battery ground, and hooked the jumper cable from the neg battery post to the engine and it still dimmed.

With the car on its 14.??V (its been awhile I can't remember exactly)
    Then I had a friend step on the brakes with the car on. It dropped down to 13.??V and then climbed back up to 14.??V.

Its not a big deal now. Just annoying but I think it will mean more once I get the subs/amp installed this week. So I would like to figure this out soon.
    Thank you for any/all replies.
    Last edited by Empire932; 03-25-2008, 12:00 AM.
    This is lolZz

No one has any ideas??
    This is lolZz

Comment

We have crappy alternators. There are a couple things you can do, one is to swap in a alt from a GS (RS have 65 or 70 amp alts and GS have 90amps) or find a place to rewind your alt to a higher amperage.

I got mine wound up to put out around 140amps and it cost around $120 for it with core.

Shop 506-577-6708
      cell 506-381-3503
      email danny@jdracing.ca

Comment

thats not bad..i'll def look into that..thanks!
        This is lolZz

Comment

Working...
        X