BK Chassis & Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK Chassis & Tires

Has anyone had a problem with the BK's eating tires? I hung a set of Yokohamas on our '04 five door about 12K ago and the tires are now shot. The tires are worn to the cords on the inside on all four tires. It is not an aligment issue. I've had it on the alignment rack here and it is good. Yokohama even had me take the car into one of their dealers to verify the alignment. I think I got a sour set of tires, but I'd like to make sure I not missing some chassis problem before I hang a new set on. If I have to buy new tires every year for the 3, the Protege project will never get done.

Here's an update. Yoko wanted to see proof of when we purchased the tires and when we did alignments. Through some digging we where able to produce the documents. Yoko agreed that it seems like a tire problem and are willing to give us 67% off a new set.

We where getting slack in keeping documention for this car (I can go back years on all of the other cars). Learned my lesson here, we will keep detailed records for everything now!

Comment

whew! that was a close one for you! Glad everything worked fine for you
      sigpic My cardomain

Comment

Rivet!!! i didn't know you were so local to me id love to stop by & check out what you have going. i drive past jefferson on my way to milwaukee from time-time
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Anytime; I have Linne's Red on Tap (if you enjoy ice cold beer).

The 4WD is down in Kenosha, so there is not much to see at the house.

If you are going to the car show this weekend, we are about 2 miles south of the fairgrounds.

Comment

don't know anything about a car show this weekend..... more info?
            ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
            he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

I thought every knew about Jefferson, its one of the few resasons to come here. Madison Classics puts on two shows a year at the fair grounds. Today is just a swap meet and car corral. Tomorrow adds a car show. I think it is like $10 to park and get in for the day.

The swap meet is usually pretty good. Its got a little bit of everything, mostly V8 stuff, but you never know what you'll find.

Here's the web-site: http://www.madisonclassics.com/

We are going to go over about 10:00am or so and be back home in time to catch the Badgers.

On a sadder note: I am out of beer; we had a neighborhood cookout & Bonfire and finnished off the Linnie's.

Comment

Working...
              X