Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil pressure sender

Hey,
    Does anyone have the FSM or information about testing the oil pressure sender? I think either my headgasket, turbo or oil pressure sender is causing massively low (pegging the needle low) oil pressure readings. If no one has this I'll just buy a cheap electronic gauge but I'd sort of like to keep the factory one.
    Thanks

On second thought, I'm not sure if 323s have this But it's for a Capri.
    Fast, cheap, reliable: pick two.

1992 Mercury Capri XR2 130xxx miles SOLD

1990 Honda Civic SI
    186k 10:1 hybrid motor
    d16 on 10 pounds will turn ya out.

sigpic

a blown rod bearing will give you piss poor oil readings too.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

I'm avoiding that possibility like a I would a crack whore with herpes

1990 Honda Civic SI

sigpic

Comment

The Capri's are known to have ****ty guages, both oil and cooling guages. Make sure your grounds are there and if you don't know where they are or where they belong get the Mercury EVTM on eBay. That manual will save your ass. If you don't have one, get one and learn how to read it.

If you want immidiate answers pull the oil sending unit and get/borrow a mechanics guage and check it.

Seeing as you are a Capri guy here I look forward to learning and sharing results and ideas with you.

You had the dash out of one of these yet? I fixed my heater core tubing. You done one yet.

Ed in CT
        94 Capri NA converted to VJ14

Comment

The dash is a ****ing bitch with AIDs, I've tried twice at half-hearted attempts to remove it for weight reduction and replacing the heater core twice and have gotten bored and replaced it before actually fixing anything twice. I got sick of the stock ish and replaced it with an aftermarket sender and gauge which worked like ass and so I checked it with a mecahnical gauge and had good readings so I just plugged the hoel and left it raather than getting all worried every time I got faslely low readings from the stock stuff. How is the n/a b6 block hold up to boost? Also, look at teamcapri.com, I'm on therre as 1992xr2 and there are a bunch of really knowledgable people there

1990 Honda Civic SI

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X