Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beware of cheap e-bay black housing headlights...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware of cheap e-bay black housing headlights...

Guys, a friendly word of warning: I purchased a set of black housing "euro" style headlight/corner markers off ebay recently, and THEY DO NOT WORK RIGHT. They are based off the E-spec headlights, so nothing plugs up properly. They mount physically to the car fine, but the headlight plugs don't plug in and the corner marker bulbs dont twist into the corner markers like they're supposed to. Just an FYI. They do look awesome though.

Thats weird that the **** don't work. Is it possible to make the work?
    I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

lol at euro headlights being based of the european counterpart.
      Thats stupid o.O

Get get a conversion harness like you have to with the BG
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

it's a h4 bulb... get a conversion harness... the corners from... i think a celica works. they're actually great headlights.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
        1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
        1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
        1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
        1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

I bought a set recently, earilier this year. I ditched the ugly corners and got JDM clears. I also purchased and installed an H4 HID kit. With the right harness, they work Great! Nice and bright. Check out my Photo Gallery for pics.
          Mazda
          1988 Black 323 GT
          DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

+1 to Kyle's rig. They look awesome the way he has them setup. wish the BG had that.
            No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Originally posted by almighty4wd View Post
              +1 to Kyle's rig. They look awesome the way he has them setup. wish the BG had that.
              Damn bg don't get no luvin's . I'd luv a set of black housed headlights and corners in j-spec form(since I'm already converted ). It would just add to the "murdered out" style I'm going for.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

I like my heads on the BG
                I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Where can I get the harness from? And does anyone know what corner markers work?

Comment

The corners are jdm, so you need a jdm harness, It just takes a little modification, but i got the second bulb in the corners wired into my blinker system. They used to be standard equipment on the jdm cars.

The harness, I had to make. I basically took new H4 female ends, and two blown 9004 bulbs, broke the bulbs off the housing, and wired according to the stanchens. Ile take some pics tomorrow so you can see what im talking about.
                    Mazda
                    1988 Black 323 GT
                    DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

they make 9k4 to h4 conversion harnesses. look on ebay or ask 93blkongrnpro

Comment

and for the corners... there's some usdm light that work... i think it's a toyota celica... go the the junkyard and try to find a socket that fits in there.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
                        1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
                        1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
                        1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
                        1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Working...
                        X