Another mazda newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another mazda newbie

Sup guys, my name is Matt I recently purchased a 2002 Mazda Protege from a friend. I know nothing about mazda's, never owned one in my life (DSM guy here). Thought I'd join up and see if i can learn some stuff about these cars.

let me be the first to welcome you to the most awesome forum ever.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
    -Benjamin Franklin

i wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself
    -dedicated to sling blade, aka, meltdownsky

this is a horrible trick and should be deleted immedately - wheresthericego
    http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35130 - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

kozz has something positive to say, this is a first
      welcome to CP
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

what would you like to learn? & welcome to the club
        ---Has ClubProtege helped you in someway? show your support by Contributing--- Click Here---

1992- project FE3..... 313 WHP @ 9.3psi

I pet my dash when I get into the car..."good car"
        he actually has a mazda tree, parts grow on it

Comment

Just trying to learn what I can about the motors, parts availability, how to boost power, turbo info, anything really. I work at O'reillys so I get a lot of parts for decently cheap. Just looking to do as many upgrades as I can.

Comment

try the search button. It works great.
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

I see that not many people on here have the 2002 similar models. Why is this?

Comment

personally I bought an '00 because I couldn't afford anything newer

Comment

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
                  kozz has something positive to say, this is a first
                  welcome to CP
                  *smacks* i can go back to being a dick all the time. i figured you all would like me being positive with this new guy, but hey, guess not. lesson leanred
                  "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
                  -Benjamin Franklin

i wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself
                  -dedicated to sling blade, aka, meltdownsky

this is a horrible trick and should be deleted immedately - wheresthericego
                  http://www.wihandyman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35130 - BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

a lot of people have the 3rd gens, just not many people on this board

Comment

Originally posted by downtube View Post
                      personally I bought an '00 because I couldn't afford anything newer
                      Lol, I bought this one for 1200 and the motor was replaced a year and a half ago. But maybe they were more expensive when you bought a car.

Comment

Welcome
                        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
                        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
                        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
                        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
                        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Originally posted by viNcenT09 View Post
                          Lol, I bought this one for 1200 and the motor was replaced a year and a half ago. But maybe they were more expensive when you bought a car.
                          That sounds like a hellava deal.

I'm extremely pleased with my '00 Dx purchased a few months ago for 1800; I think that was a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by downtube View Post
                            That sounds like a hellava deal.

I'm extremely pleased with my '00 Dx purchased a few months ago for 1800; I think that was a great deal.
                            It has very minor things wrong with it. Needs a tune up probably, timing belt replaces (came with it), some body/interior work. But I think it was a great deal. the car runs great. has a fairly new motor (was replaced a year ago)

Comment

nice and welcome to the world of mazda

Comment

Working...
                              X