Rice's MS thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rice's MS thread

Thats right. I'm going with a MS. Lex and I have ironed out a deal where he is basically building the unit and harness, testing it and preloading a basic map. Also included is tuning software, bung for the intake air temp sensor, all cables needed and a wideband.
    Unit is completed and tested on computer simulator. He is also going to test it on his car to be 100% sure of full functionality.

I have a lot of reading to do on tuning the ms. I'll be lurking in threads that say ms for a while.

I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
    |.....Overnight....................| ||
    |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
    Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Good luck Nate. Sub'n to watch the progress

IIRC there's a ms forum online. I can't remember the link though
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Good luck,if i can be of any help let me know!
      Powered by ACME

Comment

Originally posted by Turpro View Post
        Good luck Nate. Sub'n to watch the progress

IIRC there's a ms forum online. I can't remember the link though
        Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
        kitty, you are a hilarious woman
        Originally posted by HopelessCow
        there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

You might also want to try looking http://www.miataturbo.net/ They have a good MS section.

Good luck, your going to love it.

94 Protege LX: HX-35, Megasquit, ect...
          98 Subaru Legacy GT-DD: 1 inch lift, and all the standard N/A stuff.

Comment

He will be running MSExtra hi-res code so the forum msextra.com is more applicable.

This will be a turnkey setup, so once it's installed in his car with the harness, it is made to fire on the first time he cranks. Of course I offer full troubleshooting support if that is not the case

Comment

Harness is almost finished and hopefully will be shipped out by the end of the week.
              I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

nice how much is all this costing?

Comment

whacha gonna do with yo' fuc-ed up harness yO?????(question)
                  Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
                  kitty, you are a hilarious woman
                  Originally posted by HopelessCow
                  there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
                  Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
                    nice how much is all this costing?
                    For pricing info ask Lex. What I am paying is a reflection of the value of the service that he is providing me. I'm paying a premium for a "bolt on" mega squirt so its not fair to Lex to say how much im paying for parts and labor.

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
                    whacha gonna do with yo' fuc-ed up harness yO?????(question)
                    still need it for dash and other BS. I eventually will replace it with a spliced na harness where I remove everything that I don't need.
                    Last edited by wheresthericego; 04-07-2008, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Received the MS the other day. Lex does damn good work.
                      Now I need to find time to put it in.

Comment

wow only 8-9 things to hook up very clean

Comment

Mounting location?

Originally posted by wheresthericego View Post
                          Received the MS the other day. Lex does damn good work.
                          Now I need to find time to put it in.

Where you gonna put the box?