Fogs and Washer LEDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fogs and Washer LEDs

Hey guys, just recently moved from protege club. anyways, im planning to install some aftermarket fog lights and LED washers to my 92 DX pro. I have installed the switches for both lights in the dash already but im unsure of where to route the wiring to get to these switches. Im pretty sure I know how to wire them correctly to allow them to work, i just need a way to get the wires needed to the dash switches without tampering with the firewall. thanks
    1992 Mazda Protege DX Manual - 5/30/2006 R.I.P
    1992 Mazda Protege LX former Manual - 2/2/2010 Parts Donor
    1994 Mazda Protege LX Manual swap Daily Driver W.I.P.

the main harness firewall boot is on the passenger side, near the center of the car. If you look down between the alternator and the intake manifold, you'll see the large harness where it enters the firewall.

If your running wires from inside > out, poke from engine bay to inside. If running wires from engine bay to inside, poke from inside.

Using a straightened wire coat hanger poke through the rubber grommet (topside) being VERY carefull not to poke the other wires. Then using electrical tape, tape your wires to the coat hanger and pull them thru into the engine bay. use as little tape as possible, as to not enlarge the hole much when you pull them thru. Once you all set and the wires have been run, drop some clear silicone on the grommet where you poked your hole.

Clean it all up with split loom tubing and tape. Use zip ties to secure the wire loom along it's path. make sure to never run wires around the steering collom or pedals.

If you visit my site, i have diagrams for relay wiring, as well as other relay wiring diagrams in the Vehicle Security FAQ.

The links are right below my sig pic.

Comment

hey thanks, I just got done installing the fog lights. It took me nearly four hours because of the tight spaces and the ground wires being tempermaental, but i finally got it done, now i just need to get those LED's in and im set. Thanks again.

Comment

*sigh*, everything works except the spout angle on the stupid LED lights. On the back it says to use a needle to adjust the angle, but i used a thumbtack that fit and it bent the thumbtack! I can't seem to get the spouts to readjust! Though about an hour before i did attempt to spray paint them black and then removed the paint with gasoline....maybe i shouldn't have done that...

Comment

Working...
        X