electical starter gremlins, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

electical starter gremlins, help!

i can and cant start my car, when i wiggle the wire that connects to the starter itself the car can start, my question is on the wiring harness how do you, if you can, remove the black peice of plastic that slides onto a metal contact on the starter

this would be greatly appriciated if you know how or if you have a solution to my problem
    No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

crow bar
    NOW WITH SPINNER HUB CAPS

Comment

did u check the hayes manual? i think that's what it is called. mine is in my trunk; i dont remember
      Tag Team

Comment

If you are referring to the thin rectangle shapped connector, all you need to do is pinch it between your thumb and index finger and pull it off since it basically just snaps in place when you slide it on. If you are referring to the round black cover that protects the power wire for the starter, that can be simply popped open with your hands. I had a similar problem with the starter and it turned out to be that the nut holding the power wire in place under the round black cap had lossened up so it was getting a good connection once in a while.

***CAUTION***
        If you are going to check the power wire under the round black cap, disconnect the battery or you may end up electricuting yourself.
        1991 Mazda 323 GTR Sedan
        MODS:
        GTR motor swap, F&R Familia strut bars, MX-3 Rear Lower strut tie bar, GTX front bumper, GTX grill, EDM headlights & corners, EDM 323 rear garnish, EDM spoiler, EGT sideskirts, MX-3 seats, GTX steering wheel, EGT glass sunroof, WRX hood scoop (functional!!), and other things that take too much space to list.....
        TO DO LIST:
        EDM/JDM rear bumper
        EDM/JDM power folding mirrors
        Repaint car

Comment

yes the smal rectangular black clip is what im talkling about yes and thanks for the info just what i needed

thanks
          No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

Working...
          X