Justbp-me's 4wd worklog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justbp-me's 4wd worklog

Ok so I've been posting a lot on this forum about what I'm doing on my car this is the the post for my project protege 4wd. I will be converting it from a ATX to MTX with a BPT Tranny and a EGT motor. While I've been getting in parts and all that I've been taking some pics and eventually I think I may do a write up but anyway this is what I have so far:

^Shifter from 4wd.

^Brake MC and clutch MC other hard and soft lines.

^Ford bp05 only 50k miles and only $200

^Ford bp05

^ECU out of an EGT

^Harness and ECU pulled from EGT

^The car that it's going into

I think I need motor mounts and maybe some slight bit of wiring later on but can anyone else think of something I else I may need?
    Last edited by Justbp-me; 04-05-2008, 02:29 PM.

Pro looks good, can't wait to see what you do so you could give me some ideas..
    Another 4WD Protege,in works.sigpic

Comment

have you gotten tranny, mounts, subframes, diff, driveshaft?
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Sub'n.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

so how long before we have another AWD BPT car running around the northwest?
          Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper View Post
            so how long before we have another AWD BPT car running around the northwest?
            Haha I'd love to turbo it sometime later but right now I'm focusing on making it a manual first then I'll work from there.

And I will be ordering motor mounts but do I need a different subframe like the one off a 4wd or could I just use one out of a fwd and how do you know that they are different?

Comment

use the 4wd auto tranny support, it is the same. Just get the 3 manual tanny mounts with brackets and make sure the front one is for a NA 4wd or a GTX tranny, don't get the GTR front tranny mount.

Comment

Thanks tons 323driver. Ok now about the driveshafts i've heard that I can use the driver side driveshaft but not the passenger side is this true?

the tranny is on the way too so I didn't forget about that
                Last edited by Justbp-me; 04-05-2008, 02:27 PM.

Comment

yes that's true. the passenger side axle is the same as a fwd.
                  No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

Yep, you need the manual 4wd halfshaft and the 4wd driver's axle (not the other way around). You can still use the passenger side axle and the driveshaft (the one going to the rear) even though the manual one is different.

Comment

yeah, the difference between the man and auto driveshaft is the harmonic balancer thing (can't remember the mazda name) that takes the autos vibrations out of the drivetrain. its a few bits shorter, but nothing that can't be easily made up.
                      No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

So your saying a need a passenger side drive shaft off of a fwd G series tranny or F series?

Comment

drive shaft is the one going to the rear, leave it alone, there is no noticeable difference. For the halfshaft, I don't know if you can use the FWD one, I used the AWD one that came with my manual tranny.

Comment

I meant the front CV axles.. but I guess I'll have to see...

Comment

the driver side MUST be AWD specific. The pass side is IDENTICAL to the FWD. I believe the half shaft is the same, but I don't have a FWD to compare. I do have pics comparing the FWD and AWD passenger side axles though, and the FWD is thicker all around.

Comment

Working...
                              X