which deck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which deck?

Out of the two decks which would be the better one.
    Alpine CDA-9813
    or
    Pioneer DEH-P7500MP
    Alpine
    83.33%
    Pioneer
    16.67%

The poll is expired.

DO WHAT YOU DO!!!

starting off with the fact that i don't really like pioneer all that much, which is totally biased and only based on my experience, get the alpine i've owned 3 different pioneer HU's, and never really liked any of them. they sounded great, but the controls and user interface wasn't that good. to be honest i liked the old sony HU i had more than the pioneers.

ok, now down to the specs:
    the alpine has 5 band eq, while the pioneer is 3.
    the alpine has their bass engine pro, which i've heard great things about, while the pioneer has their easyEQ, which sucked on the HU i had with it.
    the alpine has a nice 105 dB signal to noise ratio, while the pioneer only has 94, barely above sony
    another great feature on the alpine is the time correction. it will allow you to adjust the sound, so all the sound hits you at the exact same time for better imaging. this is especially handy if you don't have kick panels, and the speakers are mounted in the factory location. keep in mind, though, that you'll need to change the time correction for when other people are in the car with you, otherwise it'll really sound like **** for everyone else but don't worry, it's got at least 3 different memory slots for easy changing of the time correction

get the alpine

Comment

again, i've made the same jump from pioneer to alpine. pioneers give great function, reliability and decent sound for the money, but alpine, IMO, once you learn to set everything, the alpine is MUCH easier to use, more versatile, great sound, better reliability.. and i don't even have the luxury of 3 or 5 band parametric EQ :p: .
      peace

Comment

actually blue, the 9813 doesnt have memory slots for the time correction... the 15 does the 13 doesnt.... it's the only thing I wish i had from the 15 on my 13. sucks but oh well.... i just never change it and make my passengers suffer... they dont say anything though usually.... a few times they asked if I blew my front left speaker cuz they oculdnt hear anything from it but htat was about it.

Comment

Originally posted by asylum24
          actually blue, the 9813 doesnt have memory slots for the time correction... the 15 does the 13 doesnt.... it's the only thing I wish i had from the 15 on my 13. sucks but oh well.... i just never change it and make my passengers suffer... they dont say anything though usually.... a few times they asked if I blew my front left speaker cuz they oculdnt hear anything from it but htat was about it.

no ****?! i thought all them with time correction had at least 3 memories for it that's pretty retarded.

Comment

I voted for the Alpine. Not a big fan of Pioneers. I had a Pioneer headunit before it was stolen, then went to JVC and I couldn't be happier with it.

Comment

that is the only "performance" draw back of the 13.... all the other **** is just for ****s and giggles..... prettier text annd stick a cd in and it will program everything for you... which is dumb since I went back and changed everything that alpine said to use in the first place... and its blue and silver... which doesnt work well since my neons are green, my AC/Heater controls are green, and my gauges are green..... so yea I really didn't think it was worth it.

Comment

Working...
              X