Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions on what color to paint my protege?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on what color to paint my protege?

Well, just what the title says. It looks like I'm going to have the bodywork done soon so I could always use some opinions on color. I like bright vivid colors. My gtx is painted yellow so I'm probably gonna steer away from another yellow car. I'm a fan of using a paint color off any mazda, but any color opinion is cool. I was kinda thinking the blue off the mp3's. What do you think? Thanks for the help. later.

Oh and btw, its a 90 4wd protege.
    Last edited by xtg323adzam; 04-08-2008, 12:32 PM.
    1988 323 GTX 5 speed
    MODS: It's my garage art

1990 Miata 5 speed
    MODS: Awaiting on GM goodness...

1990 Protege 4wd 5 speed
    MODS: BPT/AWD swap, JSPEED Coilovers, MS3PRO

2000 Miata 5 speed
    Stock with Bilstein Suspension Package
    Chillin in the backyard with a rod knock

Originally posted by xtg323adzam View Post
    Well, just what the title says. It looks like I'm going to have the bodywork done soon so I could always use some opinions on color. I like bright vivid colors. My gtx is painted yellow so I'm probably gonna steer away from another yellow car. I'm a fan of using a paint color off any mazda, but any color opinion is cool. I was kinda thinking the blue off the mp3's. What do you think? Thanks for the help. later.

Oh and btw, its a 90 4wd protege.
    what color is it now? what kind of paint are you going to have sprayed on it? going to do it yourself? one stage? multiple step?
    Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

laser blue is a bitch to keep nice looking.

if your looking at that shade of blue and you want an "oem color" I'd go with scoob ralley blue.

its not oem mazda but its still oem.
      Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
      kitty, you are a hilarious woman
      Originally posted by HopelessCow
      there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

Originally posted by deadly_sleeper View Post
        what color is it now? what kind of paint are you going to have sprayed on it? going to do it yourself? one stage? multiple step?
        Its the factory maroon color. I'm not a fan of that color. It's going to be done by a professional body shop, its going to be professional paint, I don't know what kind he uses, I will ask though. I know when he painted my gtx he did like 3-4 coats with 1-2 clear coat layers. I cant remember exactly.

I'll probably do the interior myself with just a flat black, but he is going to do the door jams, engine bay, etc.

Anymore ideas on color?
        1988 323 GTX 5 speed

1990 Miata 5 speed

1990 Protege 4wd 5 speed

2000 Miata 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by Kitty View Post
          laser blue is a bitch to keep nice looking.

if your looking at that shade of blue and you want an "oem color" I'd go with scoob ralley blue.

its not oem mazda but its still oem.
          Ok thanks for the info. I was figuring any bright blue was going to be a pita to keep clean. Really any bright color will be. Maybe the gun metal silver off the evo mr ? Ive always liked that color.
          1988 323 GTX 5 speed

1990 Miata 5 speed

1990 Protege 4wd 5 speed

2000 Miata 5 speed

Comment

Saab and Porsche make some really cool colors. What's your favorite color? Do you want pearl in it? Flakes? Bright? Dull?
            Create your own VB Gallery here.

Please DONATE to keep our forum alive!

I've decided that my car is a girl, she's picky as hell, won't listen to me, always wants to fight me, and when i give her presents it's never good enough and she always wants more.

<-"Will be the death of this forum"

Comment

What about the mint green the 25th anniversary 323s come with? I love the colour personally.

JACK.
              -Jack

ONTARIO MAZDA CLUB! Join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/500055016671733/

91 626 LX - basically stock and pretty slow still
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/sho...my-GD-626-LX-)

01 E53 3.0i - FOR SALE! pm if interested

91 USDM Protege LX - SOLD! turbo/manifold up for sale!
              http://www.clubprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46606

Comment

Suub Blue is nice. I like champion white from hondas its whiter than paper :D
                I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
                |.....Overnight....................| ||
                |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
                |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
                "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
                Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

Black FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  2011 BMW 128i 6 Speed Manual -- dd
                  1990 Protege 4WD 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
                  X