X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which amp to buy?

OK, got 2 Kenwood 10 inch subs 600 W each

Best amp to power these would be????

Dont want to spend more than 200, if it can be helped.

I was thinking either

to stay with kenwood name, or maybe

I think that the second one gives more power, but is that too close to the max?

I want a decent amount of bass, and I think with that setup I can achieve it.

If anyone has any suggestions or negatives about any of the products, please let me know.
    The T3 BP MX-3 conversion has begun, and is taking forever & will kill me.

Whats the RMS of the subs?

Comment

i'm not a big fan of kenwood for amps and subs, but i'd take the kenwood over the legacy any day of the week. do your subs handle 600 watts rms or peak/max? if it's 600 rms, check out the JBL BP1200.1. or if they are 600 peak/max, check out the JBL BP600.1.
      post the model # of your subs, and we'll have a better idea of what will work best

Comment

4 ohm impedance
        600 w peak power
        Model #
        KFC-W2505

Comment

Originally posted by D323
          4 ohm impedance
          600 w peak power
          Model #
          KFC-W2505

JBL BP600.1 it'll give them plenty of power, and those amps are great for the money they can be found on e-bay also

Comment

thanks for the input.

I was looking on ebay and they had a few that were going for not too much. cheaper than the site. I may end up just buying it now to save time. I dunno.

Comment

i got a koiler 600 for sale in houston it would work pretty well if u want it i could sell
              i is dumb

Comment

Don't even consider the Koiiler amp.

They are total junk.

Yes, I have one - same amp. It's in the basement now. 600 watts my white ass. 100 at best.

~HH

Comment

too late ordered the jbl bp600.1 off of ebay for $172 yesterday. Got it from wholesalematrix. they said on their site the ship within 48 hours, so we shall see. Thanks for all of the help and the offers. Cant wait to get my bass back.

Comment

too late ordered the jbl bp600.1 off of ebay for $172 yesterday. Got it from wholesalematrix. they said on their site the ship within 48 hours, so we shall see. Thanks for all of the help and the offers. Cant wait to get my bass back.

good choice, you'll be very satisfied with it

Comment

good to hear. I cant wait to get it in and begin the bumping again.

Comment

good to hear. I cant wait to get it in and begin the bumping again.
                        this makes me wanna take a ride in my car.

Comment

mine too, I just got back from a long nite ride. Wanted to just go and drive with no purpose and listen to the sounds of the engine.

Soon I wont hear it over the bump bump

Comment

well im all about keeping the brands together but please oh god please dont get the kenwood.but im so damn happy u didnt get it...

this is one of those rare exceptions

Comment

Working...
                            X