Causes for no injector pulse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Causes for no injector pulse?

Sooo, We put the 86LX/B6T back together and now are getting no injector pulse at the injector clips. There IS lots of feul pressure though. So, needless to say, the car wont start. We've got spark and with a little ether the car ran for a few seconds normally, so i can rule out any sort of timing issue as a possible cause for the no start.

So, what else could we have forgotten that is causing no injector pulse? This car did run, and was removed for cyl head machining. Its got a b6t + full engine harness and ecu. As far as I can see, everything is connected up.

Any ideas? Something i may have missed that would cause no injector pulse?

thanks!
    brandon
    1988 323 GTX

check the distributor. thats what hung me up

Comment

No signal from the disy can be a problem.. Also double check all your grounds... Are you using a noid light to check the injector pulses? how are you checking it?

Comment

DUDE! Your alive! The Canadian Lives!!!!! Oh, sry.

Welcome bro!

(323SE)
        Mazda
        1988 Black 323 GT
        DOHC 16 VALVE TURBO

2013 Velocity Red Mica Mazdaspeed3

Comment

Try this

I have an 88 323gt and My distributor had worn bushings which caused a weak cam pulse and caused injector signal failure. You can pick up bearings from a hobby shop to replace the worn bushings as long as you use a punch around the edge to keep them from sliding out of position. also, check your vane air flow meter. poor contact in the electrical connector will allow the engine to prime, but cut out, and will eventually lead to no injector pulse. make sure your tps has a good strong connection and is calibrated.

Comment

oh jeez... turned out to be a 15a engine fuse that LOOKED ok but was somehow burned... thanks for the replies!
            1988 323 GTX

Comment

Working...
            X