rolling high idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rolling high idle

I have a high (3000 on start up and 2800-2300 rolling idle when warm then drops to normal after a very long warm up period and runs rough as hell) rolling idle. Ford gt with na motor and gtx turbo setup. I changed dist, plugs, wires, cleaned tb. thought it was idle air valve, so I cleaned it. Anything else anyone can think of. Car was workin good and running smooth. Until this all of a sudden. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

hello....perhaps check for vacuum leaks...fuel pressure regulator???...there is also a "sensor" hooked up to fuel pressure regulator that controls fuel rail pressure when hot or cold to prevent boiling in the fuel rail when hot...follow the fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose to the gizmo on a bracket mounted to the intake manifold...two "transducers" side by side here.. go to a junk yard and get a few....

i had trouble with mine starting the car(wrong fuel pressure cold) i solved my problem simply by swaping parts and checking the outcomes.. not high tech auto repair but ,a success none the less.. good luck

Comment

I am also havng this problem again. it is the thermo fast idle valve! I replaced it and it worked for a while until I started running more boost. The problem in my case is probably due to the superheated coolant after the turbo to the valve causing it to stick. I am planning to just remove all coolant lines from the TB and make a block plate for the idle air valve that passes the correct amount of air. I plan to heat up the valve and measure the orifice. Good luck, jack
      sigpic
      -BP-VF10-FMIC-2.5 Magnaflow-Eibach-Tokico-Megasquirt II-Zeitronix-

Comment

Working...
      X