First time mazda owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time mazda owner

Hi I just purchased a used 1998 Mazda Protege LX, 5 speed, near new condition, 97,000 miles. This is my third car, first two being 88' Ford Thunderbird turbocoupes. I did a lot of work on them but I'm totally new to this car and hope to learn a lot.
    I'm getting outa doing performance upgrades, now I just wanna get good gas miliage.

Hi!

Did the TurboCoupes have manual transmissions? The TBTC has always been a guilty pleasure of mine.
    '94 Protegé DX

Comment

Welcome

If you have a extra tbird turbo(stock one) laying around let me know. I'm looking into doing a vj11 hybrid.
      1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
      1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
      2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
      2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
      .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Welcome

If you have a extra tbird turbo(stock one) laying around let me know. I'm looking into doing a vj11 hybrid.
        1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
        1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
        2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
        2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
        .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Actually I have 2 turbocoupes. one with a blown cam, engine will probably need a full rebuild, other one is failing smog.
          I'll probably just get my state smog rebate on the one which failed smog, but I feel kinda bad cause it has a new Garret GT3071R t3/t3 hybrid Turbo on it. (zoom zoom!) The car with the blown engine is actually in good shape and has full options including sunroof and keyless entry. It's amazing to see a car thats 20 years old with all those options.

Anywho, I just want something more reliable. Those cars had over 245k miles on them and it showed with how much i spent in fixing them up. it was fun for a while but now it's just that I don't care anymore. That and I don't have the money.

Comment

welcome to the family, you'll love it!
            Originally posted by 90prtege
            have you heard a yaris drive by you??? it says immmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgayyyyyyyyy!!!!
            Originally posted by Turpro
            Fk the family. Drugs and hookers take priority first

bpt323: broom break
            CRZbrussian: that sux
            CRZbrussian: get swifer wet
            CRZbrussian: ****s aluminum

Comment

Let's see some pics!
              '94 Protegé DX

Comment

welcome. stock proteges are way fun PLUS get decent mileage.

Comment

welcome to the group, hope you enjoy the pro there is a lot you can do with it, maybe i'll run into you next time i'm out in cali visiting my mazda friends out there you aren't too far from them most of them are in the san jose / santa cruz area and a few down just north of LA
                  In the Garage
                  Black 93 MX-3 GS
                  Bp powered
                  GTR Drive Train

The ProjectMx build thread
                  MyCardomain[/SIZE]

"Shut up, at least the bunnies are on fire!"

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll try to get pics of it soon.

Comment

Welcome to clubprotege supersteph.

Comment

Working...
                      X