X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock sway bar information

The front bar, across all trim and years surprisingly, is 24mm
    And the rear bar is 16mm.
    For those lucky people with es or 95's.(Also note I have one of these for sale)

also woo informative 800th post.

I'd also like to note this is one of the things the protege fag doesn't mention
    Then again our cars are garbage.

-Random points also
    The stock front bar is only 2mm smaller than the MS bar for our generation and 1mm smaller than the stock MP3/msp front sway bar

The rear bar is 4mm smaller than the MS bar for our generation and 3mm smaller than the MP3 rear bar and 4mm smaller than the MSP rear bar.
    Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
    kitty, you are a hilarious woman
    Originally posted by HopelessCow
    there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
    Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

well, thats exciting. maybe i should go dig up a rear sway bar somewhere.....
    sigpic

Comment

Because I dont have one with mounting brackets for sale dirt cheap. o.O
      Beater=/= Sleeper

there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
      Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

How big is the AWR rear bar. That **** is strong. It breaks mount tabs
        I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
        |.....Overnight....................| ||
        |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
        |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
        "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
        Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

I think the big awr is 21.5mm.
          and the 4 way adjustable one that MMS sells is 19.
          Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

i have the MMS one on the protege. I love it
            I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

yeah its, 21.5 and it big, i've broken 2 heim joints.
              95 ES
              05 S60R

Comment

I've only broken sway bar tabs. I think awr upgraded the heim joints at some point.
                Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

my 96 Protege from Trinidad front sway bar is 24mm and rear 16mm

Comment

So, Kitty, you say you have a sway bar....Do you still have one with mounting brackets? I took a look under the rear end of my car and didn't see where or how i would go about mounting the sway bar. I can't do any sort of welding. Just bolt on stuff because of resources, ability, and pocket depth.

Do you, or anyone else, have picture(s) of a rear sway bar installed?

How much would the sway bar run me? PM's are good.
                    sigpic

Comment

I deal with too many PM's as it is.

No theres no welding, but since you have a 98 you'd need to replace the rear struts(if you havent already) as it doesnt have sway bar tabs on them. Kybs are like 35-50 shipped a peice. And honestly the car should have its struts replaced anyway by now. Its 10 years old.

Yes i have the brackets/bushings. They attach to the rear subframe. I MIGHT not have the bolts anymore but I can find some that will work no problem. And that broken drop link is long gone.

All you'd need is the drop links. there like 30 MSRP each from mazda and like 25 a set from autozone IIRC. I dont rember exactly as well giant awr bar ftw!

No pics of a stock bar installed. martin took alot of his pictures down.

25+shipping est $20-35
                      Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

Thanks Kitty. I have not replaced the struts and don't plan on it until they break. Could be a while yet, they seem fine right now. If at some point i do replace the struts, i'll make sure they have the tabs then i'll look you up for the sway bar. Thanks.
                        sigpic

Comment

can you do 23 shipped?

Comment

How about i just beat you with the damn thing at our next meet?
                            Beater=/= Sleeper

Comment

haha

Comment

Working...
                              X