Bearings and axles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bearings and axles

BF Bearings, Brakes, axles and struts....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm ready to start this coming week to replace bearings Axles, struts, and anything else the BF needs.

I have just noticed a boot torn on a caliper, the calipers were rebuilt a short time back. What do I need to do about the torn boot?

The calipers are original equipment, I'm not totally opposed to replacing them, if that is what it needs.

If you have the experience and parts knowledge please reply, or pm me.

Thank you,

David
    Ky
    David
    sigpic Ky

Do you have any update on the David? I am just grazing and I imagine this is something that I will have to do soon. If I was going to replace a caliper I would start going down the road of the Galant Upgrade.

Comment

I don't think the boot on the caliper is a big problem. It just kinda keeps dirt off of the slide thing so it can move freely.
      I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.

._________________________
      |.....Overnight....................| ||
      |.....Japan Parts.................| |'|";,___.
      |_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
      "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)
      Oh and by the way that shot in your banner with Vin Diesel's car getting shot, thats a civic not an altezza.

Comment

I agree with both of those, but with the boot torn you could have problems replacing pads on that caliper like i am. and if you're not a gt/x i don't see much point in upgrading the brakes unless you just really don't want to worry about bearings every time you do rotors.

1988 White GTX - #1 parts
        1988 Black GTX - #2 reliably broken touge monstar (294,000 miles no rebuilds) - dead
        1988 Blue GTX - #3 in progress (view here)
        1988 Blue GTX - #4 BPT swapped weekend warrior.
        1988 White GTX - #5 Rally car

Comment

Sorry to reply so late...

Originally posted by dscsk8er55 View Post
          Do you have any update on the David? I am just grazing and I imagine this is something that I will have to do soon. If I was going to replace a caliper I would start going down the road of the Galant Upgrade.
          Much on my plate at present, and still holding to my pattern of the meet in less than 2 weeks away.

The 323 is on hold for many thing I want to do the brakes are fine for not my BG needs all around, will have to wait as I tend to more personal family issues at hand. the Brake boot thing is not so bad I taped it with electrical tape and it's holding fine.

I did have no choice in changing out the thomostat last week and I also changed the upper and lower rad. hoses as well as the radiator. I had another rad. I got at a j/y and mine looked bad so I did some preventive r&r.

I may be driving it to the Meet this year. It's not as hot to look at as my LX.
          David
          sigpic Ky

Comment

Working...
          X