First time Mazda owner as well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time Mazda owner as well

Hi everyone, I just bought a mazda protege 2001 es, with 150k km.

I've been reading all these posts about guys modifying their cars, and it is very tempting! Ive been thinking about getting rims, but thats not why im posting.

I am posting because when i start my car, and even when I am driving, I can hear a clanking sound coming from my engine. I don't know much about cars, and I need a tune up anyway, so I'll ask about that sound when I go to the mechanic. But it would be nice to have an idea of what the problem could be.

Thanks a lot,
    Sherif

Check your oil level. If it is on the low side, the lifters can tick. It's normal for a lot of cars to have the lifters tick for a few seconds after starting even when the oil level is fine. Some cars even have "piston slap" which makes a louder clanking sound for a little bit after startup when they are cold.

Welcome to the forums, by the way!

1994 Protege BP-Turbo.....1994 Miata Supercharged.....2003 Protege5 stock DD.....1988 323 GT Turbo
    On the road soon: 2003 Protege5 V6 swap
    My vB Gallery - Full Information and Photos of My Mazdas

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I just got my oil changed last month, so I assume they put the right amount, but I will check.

Also when I start the car, the engine does a little shake/jump, and i see the rpm go up and down slighlty, but the car jumps as well, if anyone gots any idea what that could be from as well, that would be great!

Comment

Checked my oil level, its fine.

Comment

Working...
        X