me, my wife, and our dx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me, my wife, and our dx

What's up ya'll? My wife bought our 2003 dx back in '04 and it's a great car. it takes some abuse and still runs like a champ. our goal is to put her in either a newer mpv van or we'd really like to get a nice used cx-9. i would, at that point, get full control of the protege and that would hopefully envolve a turbo 2.0 swap with full suspension upgrades along with many other bells and whistles

Welcome

My family and yours sound similar

Me-protege lx(1st gen goodness). You-protege(3rd gen)

My wife-2002 mpv. Your wife maybe mpv
    Lol
    1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
    1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
    2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
    2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
    .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

yep, we've got 3 kids and when she got it they fit just fine but they're getting a little too big so we need more room and i've actually been really impressed with mazda so we're going to stay with them. i'm a domestic guy so this is all kind of new but i'm excited about some of the things i've read on here and i'm ready to try a get some power out of this little car.

Comment

Originally posted by aybahbah View Post
        What's up ya'll? My wife bought our 2003 dx back in '04 and it's a great car. it takes some abuse and still runs like a champ. our goal is to put her in either a newer mpv van or we'd really like to get a nice used cx-9. i would, at that point, get full control of the protege and that would hopefully envolve a turbo 2.0 swap with full suspension upgrades along with many other bells and whistles
        stay very far away from the cx-9.
        Beater=/= Sleeper

Originally posted by kozzman555
        kitty, you are a hilarious woman
        Originally posted by HopelessCow
        there is one thing i dunno what is that call,a thing look like a gun, u press the button and stick to the metal and it makes firework, do i need that thing?and what s the philip head screw drivers?
        Using Linux for anything serious besides server or software dev is like using a tin can and a string for telecommunications.

Comment

why do you say to stay away from the cx-9?

Comment

Welcome to CP

I personally think the MPV is a great family travel vehicle.

It's track record is very good, I owned 2 Chyslers in the 90s, the only thing I disliked was the trannies, I wrote them off for the trannies.

The MPV has most of the Minivans beat hands down for overall value.

Usually you can find great prices for near new ones on ebay, and newpapers.

I too am interested to here why Kitty thinks the CX9 is bad.

Turpro has anMPV, he can tell you most anything about it.

What I know is what I've read, and I've found nothing bad on MVPs.

David
            Ky
            David
            sigpic Ky

Comment

Stay away from 2002-2004 mpvs lol. They're notorious for tranni problems and coil pack malfunction. I just had to drop 2500 on a rebuild. 86k miles and didn't give any signs of tranni failure. The motors from 2002+ are ford duratec units. Www.mpvclub.com is a great forum I also belong to. Give them a look.
              1993 Protege LX-Midnight's shadow SOLD
              1996 Honda CBR600-Wrecked. Damn Honda crippled me
              2002 mazda MPV-family truckster SOLD
              2010 VW routon

Originally posted by jay
              .....they totally underestimated the number of gearheads such as myself that have families but refuse to grow the hell up and stop playing with cars, or that otherwise see the utility of having 4 doors. Obviously I ain't alone, as there are a helluva lotta sti and evo here. Bueler? Beuler? Mazda? Mazda?

Comment

Working...
              X