Gathering Interest: Headers, Turbo, Catback, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gathering Interest: Headers, Turbo, Catback, etc

As you know, as part of the development team for www.essentialspeed.com, we are developing some products for the second gen protege over the winter. These items include:

1.8L...
    -header
    -cat back (single)
    -cat back (dual, y-piped at the axle)
    -turbo kit (stage I and stage II)

1.5L...
    -header
    -cat back (single)
    -cat back (dual, y-piped at the axle)
    -turbo kit (stage I and stage II)

These products are going to be developed regardless, but, Kevin (the owner of ES) has asked me to post and ask about the exact interest in these products (maybe a pre-sell on the turbo or a group buy on the header).
    Alot of people say theyd like one, but, just wondering (no commitment) if anyone would actually purchase the products providint the gain was similar to that of a...oh....I dont know...a Civic. IE, the turbo would gain approximately the same as Civic, same with header, etc...

Please post your ideas/thoughts/comments here and please, if you do have some interest, please email Kevin directly at info@essentialspeed.com Be sure to tell him 'KRIS FROM WOODSTOCK' sent you!

Thanks
    Kris

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
    1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
    Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

just so you know.. this guy does great work.. sweet job on my CAI. He does what it takes to get the job done.. no cutting corners.
    98 Protege SE
    -------------------
    1.5L Turbo

Comment

what kind of gains would I get off of the 1.5 header? and approx. price?

Comment

I'd be interested in a Header back exhaust system. I just emailed them about the price.
        Maybe they'll offer to use my car as the test mule.
        Ryan The middle child is always ignored
        BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
        Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

Originally posted by midnightblue97
          Maybe they'll offer to use my car as the test mule.
          *ahem*...they already have a car for the 1.8 tests....

As far as gains for a header, I cant quote right now cause im the wrong person to be asking cause I dont know...I can only RELAY info...lol...youll have to email kevin at info@essentialspeed.com
          As far as a price, itll be comparable to the other 421 headers that they sell. For prices (for comparative reasons), check out their items for other cars at www.essentialspeed.com

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
          1.8L 97 LX (CDN)
          Erebuni kit, JDM heads/corners/tails/hood scoop, 17" BSA 259 w/ Khumo Ecstas, KYB GR2 struts, Apex springs, Ractive X-drilled/slotted rotors, KVR C/F pads, EssentialSpeed CAI, Essentialspeed custom cat-back (y-piped with dual Vibrant mufflers), Clutch Masters clutch, touring wing, Vibrant F/R strut bar, AWR 21.5mm rear sway bar, indiglo gauges, Sparco wheel/shift knob, custom interior, TomMotorsports 'BRIDE' seats, Innovatek DVD-0181 DVD/CD/MP3/etc player, Innovatek IN-720 7" indash LCD, 'MZDASPD' plates

Comment

I'd be interested in all those products over the next few years, 1.5 or 1.8 depending on if I decide to swap my engine. of course if I do swap it'll take me longer to get the cash together.

Comment

i looked on their site and saw prices for headers up to $650 and $600 (the only 2 i looked at).
              if that is going to be around the price for a 1.8 header, you can count me out.

for $600 you can get a custom made header to your length, diameter, and specifications.
              find it, **** it, forget it

Comment

Originally posted by bp 1.8
                i looked on their site and saw prices for headers up to $650 and $600 (the only 2 i looked at).
                if that is going to be around the price for a 1.8 header, you can count me out.

for $600 you can get a custom made header to your length, diameter, and specifications.
                Dont forget, those prices are in CANADIAN FUNDS!
                $600CDN is about $450USD (which is pretty good for a header out of 304SS with mandrel bends, tig welding and has been dynoed tuned).

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

I would be interested in headers and single catback.
                  "Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

Comment

Well, I am interested. VERY MUCH. But at a price close to US$3000 it is highly unlikely that I will ever get one of those...

Comment

ah, canadian dollars explains it all. i thought 600-650 was pretty rediculous, but 450 is a better price.
                      can you tell me what the ID if the primaries will be, and that of the collector? what is the primary's length? you know, all the important details. what is it? 4-1 or 4-2-1?

thanks.
                      find it, **** it, forget it

Comment

bp 1.8,
                        For exact details, email kevin directly at info@essentialspeed.com
                        He gives quick responses, usually in a day. H e really values any imput or concern that you guys may have regarding these or any other products. Let him know what your thinking, hell be straight-up and foward with you!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                        1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

Once again, forgive my noobness, but what is the difference if you have a regular cat-back exhaust, and one that has a Y joint at the axle, wouldn't the exhaust flow still be limited by the bottle neck in front of the axle? also, this has been bothering me for a while: what the heck does cat-back mean?

Comment

Originally posted by zshakespeare
                            Once again, forgive my noobness, but what is the difference if you have a regular cat-back exhaust, and one that has a Y joint at the axle, wouldn't the exhaust flow still be limited by the bottle neck in front of the axle? also, this has been bothering me for a while: what the heck does cat-back mean?
                            The Y joint at the axle would be if yo wanted the dual exhaust look.
                            A Catback system is from the CATalytic Convertor back.
                            Ryan The middle child is always ignored
                            BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
                            Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

yeah, what midnight/ryan said!

CLICK HERE FOR PICS
                              1.8L 97 LX (CDN)

Comment

Working...
                              X