Paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint?

Had a few Q's about paint for the suspension....

First off the springs.... are they able to be painted? I dont want them to be just black and was thinking of painting them like dark grey or silver to match the rims

2nd.... the area where the lugs are..... like where the bolt things stickout to mount the wheel... does it need to be painted with high temp paint or no?

3rd.... on the calipers I know it can be but what brand of paint do u suggest and what color whould I use for a dark blueish purplish car? i was think red.... but iono...

Not sure about the other stuff, but yeah you can paint the springs. Prepare them properly and try this.
    Get a fish tank or a big bucket, enough to completely submerge the springs. Put water in it and then if you use oil based paint, dump some into the water, it will float on top. Dip the springs in and pull them out. Have them tied to a string or wire or something.
    Ryan The middle child is always ignored
    BP powered 97LX Touring Edition
    Vibrant strut tower brace, KVR front brake pads, Tungsram Megalicht H4 headlight bulbs, Phillips Halogen H3 foglight bulbs.... 91 GT rims w/ 195 60 14 Yokohomo Mirada GTX sport

Comment

I used Plastikote paint for my calipers. It's been about two years now and the paint is still in very good condition. As for color, red is a "universal" color for calipers and compliments almost any car color very nicely. It's up to you to decide what color you want the calipers to be, but while you are there you might as well use the same high temp paint for the other brake components you wish to paint.
      -------------------------
      '91 LX
      '03 Mazdaspeed Protege #235
      -------------------------

Originally posted by pigeon
      well if you're a fan of inaccuracy and uncertainty.... then by all means, go set your timing by feel and sound

while you're out there, you might as well adjust your air/fuel ratio by smell... and your tire pressure by ride height

Comment

Working...
      X