Magnaflow Catbacks - yes or no

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnaflow Catbacks - yes or no

i was wondering if anyone has a magnaflow catback on their protege, and wether or not they like it
    Any gains???
    Sound???

I haven't got a Magnaflow but I can tell you that It'll be better than that big honkin' piece of restriction thats on stock protege's
    Straight through mufflers and mandrel bent tubing = gains. It wont be much though.

As for sound. It'll be louder. Some like it , some don't . Some mufflers give you the option of a silencer which will mellow it out a bit.
    " Autobots are an error I intend to correct"

Reformated Alternate Mode:
    Midnite Blue P5 ( 5-speed manual)
    Painted calipers
    Injen CAI
    Custom exhaust
    Tein lowering springs(finally installed)

Comment

i have a magna flow pipe on mine...soon to get cat back pipe
      I will post sound bite as soon as possible, the pipe sounds really good. I have never had any bad responsed to the sound, as a matter of fact alot of my v-8 buddies like it...you know how they are.

Comment

Most of my V-8 buddies have no choice but to like my exhaust.
        I'm always driving their ass around when we hang out cuz their V-8s are in the driveway broken down and leaking. HaaHaaa.

Painted calipers
        Injen CAI
        Custom exhaust

Comment

nice

Comment

i think some one posted the sounds on the board before, oh no it was the "other" board. It sounded awesome
            <-why i can't fix my car

http://www.revtvguam.com
            AFwestPunk's AutoJam Imagestation photo album! You better have High speed internet!

Comment

Re: Magnaflow Catbacks - yes or no

Originally posted by kubs81
              i was wondering if anyone has a magnaflow catback on their protege, and wether or not they like it
              Any gains???
              Sound???
              Running MagnaFlow CBs on '03 ES and wife's '03 P5.
              Excellent HP and torque gains with Injen CIAs.
              Cut 1.4-1.5 seconds off 0-60 on both cars.

The sound is a low purr, no racket as heard from
              some systems. Very livable and not inclined to create
              problems with the Gestapo.

Fit was perfect. I did, however, change the tip on '03
              to aftermarket MagnaFlow round tip. Better looking, IMO.

Incidently, I bought CBs in a package deal with intakes.
              The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic $$$

Comment

HKS axle-back w/ a wagner midpipe

Comment

no CB, only a Magnaflow with stock diameter pipe. It sounds good. it's only slightly louder that stock muffler. It sounds low and deep.
                  magnaflow muffler, altezza tail lights, Tein coilovers, K&N airfilter, sparcko wires, arospeed strut tower bar...more to come. I need to learn to spell

Comment

yeah but by welding a muffler to the stock diameter piping your not going to get any gains.

Comment

I'm running the magnaflow catback with 2.5 piping from the turbo back. NO bottle necking here. Definitely a meatier sound than a honda and andthing else with a can muffler
                      Patrick Sean-Tiu Santiago

Current state:240 whp and 215.6 ft/lbs torque
                      FOR SALE $9500

Cardomain
                      Mmmm...BPT goodness!!!

Comment

there are some minor gains, but not as much as a axle or cat back system.
                        magnaflow muffler, altezza tail lights, Tein coilovers, K&N airfilter, sparcko wires, arospeed strut tower bar...more to come. I need to learn to spell

Comment

I personally think you will have no gains at all. Maybe weight reduction from a heavier stock muffler to a lighter muffler; As well as a lot more noise from the new muffler compared to the stock muffler but no hp increase.

Comment

Originally posted by Subghetto
                            I personally think you will have no gains at all. Maybe weight reduction from a heavier stock muffler to a lighter muffler; As well as a lot more noise from the new muffler compared to the stock muffler but no hp increase.
                            As i said, the gains are minor. When it was first installed, I could feel that my car had more pull all the way through the RPM range. Now that i'm used to it now, it seems less noticeable though.

Comment

Originally posted by mazdaholic
                              As i said, the gains are minor. When it was first installed, I could feel that my car had more pull all the way through the RPM range. Now that i'm used to it now, it seems less noticeable though.
                              Do you have a tach? If you did you could SEE the better pull through the RPM range.

Painted calipers
                              Injen CAI
                              Custom exhaust

Comment

Working...
                              X