mazda 3 VS portege 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mazda 3 VS portege 5

i dont know exactly where to post this thread. Please move it if u think i post it in the wrong forum. THX.

I went to the dealer yesterday to check out the new 3 if its out and yes it was there in the lot chillin.Me and my girl went to go check it out she likes the sedan but i like the hatch. The interior is very nice and i like it. looks like a hatch not a wagon like the p5's. Anyways can u guys let me know which one would u get. 3 or p5?

I personally like the styling of the P5 better myself. But that comes down to personal preference I guess. That and I have a P5...

Have a read at this... hope it helps!

2002 Blackmica P5
    CAI - MSP springs - Brembo cross-drilled rotors & KVR pads - Ground wires - Ignition wires - Silverstars - Eurolites - Pilot fogs - Toyo TPTs - Tint - Blue calipers & strut bar - Batsymbol in rear window

Comment

Personally I would go with the P5 just because its cheaper. If you were looking to spend more money though I would get the 3 sedan.
      02 Protege ES

Comment

Not to be bias but why would you want to buy a older model when the Mazda 3 has a much better suspension and engine.

The new car is much quieter on the road too.

If $$ are a factor then the P5 is a better deal and they should give a good discount too they have tons sitting on the lot.

Mazda has cheap 2.9% finance rate on the Mazda 3.
        I also drive a AA Turbo Bmw E36/M3 setup last Dynojet 248c 369rwhp & 354ft/lbs at 10.5psi.

Comment

i just wanted to know peeps opinion... i already have a p5 since may 03. its kool i like it the only thing that i dont like about it is the power! it aint got none.

Comment

sadly I wish I had waited for the better engine... whilst I really like my P5 the 3 does have the appeal of a bit more "zoom"
            --JJB--
            '02 Silver Protegé5 - 5sp - no performance mods, no plans for them
            Kenwood Z919 -- Polk Audio speakers
            16" alloys w/ 205/50 Bridgestone RE750 (summer)
            15" steels w/ 195/55 Bridgestone Blizzak LM22 (winter)

Moon roof - wind deflector - variable intermittent wipers - electrochromic mirror w/ temp & compass
            Winter/beater car: 1997 Mercury Mountaineer with 182k on it

Comment

I would get the 3 wagon. Well mainly because The syling of it is so much better, The interior is really nice and crispy. The gauges I guess I would have to get used to, but overall I like the 3.
              Ofcourse you would get more parts with the Protege 5 , but then the parts for that car are expensive so.. that's not a bid deal ..

Give the 3 wagon about 1.5 years or so and all types of performance stuff , including turbo kit will be out for it. Not to mention you get a good motor. Ohh I would choose the bigger motor option also.

I wouldn't buy the 3 the first year it's out however. I would buy it in mid year. Give the bugs time to work themselves out.. Plus a bigger downpayment.
              photo album|photo album 2 (pbase)

dbest1a AT yahoo DOT com

Comment

I only sat in the Mazda3 sedan but i test drove the M3 5-door.
                The rear visibility is a lot better in the 5-door IMO.
                The engine, interior, handling and basically the whole aspect of quality of build is ABSOLUTELY ASTONISHING!!!
                I thought i was gettin into a german car, i swear!
                I would definitely get the M3 5-door over a P5..... i was even considering replacing my baby (the 323) with a Mazda3... but i couldn't.
                And there's no money to fix the 323, let alone for car payments on a second car right now
                Ex-Officer: INTENSE Performance Mazda Club of South Florida

JDM nut & AutoXer: 1992 Blaze Red Mazda 323 S
                262,000 miles and kickin... and got some wicked new goodies recently...

BP Engine Build: Soon... Engine on the garage floor, parts on order

"Ever seen a 323 on Anthracite 17" OZ Superleggeras?!?!
                ...... and more importantly ever seen one with matching 15" Superleggeras for Autox??"

Comment

Working...
                X