X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

several weird noises, several questions and a fact

ok i have a couple of issues
    1) strange knocking noise from the middle back when i hit bumps
    2) HLA's are making hella noise, and i dont know why (yes i have enough oil)
    3)weird like howling noise at high speeds

and a statement

steelies, with like b rated firestone firehawks suck balls

your exhast may be bouncin of you rear axel for #1

as for the rest i dunno
    No more protege, Mx-3 now...Only known BP powered Mx-3 in Nova Scotia

Comment

In regard to the HLA noise, I came across this post a couple days ago. You may want to give it a shot (the first posting).

HTH
      -Kevin
      -90 Miata 1- #80 CSP, '01 1.8L Swap w/ working VVT
      -90 Miata 2 - $2005/6/7 Turbocharged GRM Challenger
      -91 Tracer - $2008/9 AWD Converted Turbocharged Challenger
      -94 MX3 - #8 Hong Norrth LeMons/Chumpcar Racer
      -02.5 Protege5 - The Daily

Comment

atf, he means auto tranny fluid?? if so..... thats gotta be a joke...
        James G.
        sobe83@yahoo.com
        AIM: DVS 323BPT
        MySpace
        Cardomain
        <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

Re: several weird noises, several questions and a fact

Originally posted by red90protegelx
          ok i have a couple of issues
          1) strange knocking noise from the middle back when i hit bumps
          look under your car for loose debris, or the exaust has unanchored itself.

2) HLA's are making hella noise, and i dont know why (yes i have enough oil)
          answered...

3)weird like howling noise at high speeds
          ok this howling noise? does it soung like it is comming from a foot well? is it constant, or speed dependant?

and a statement

steelies, with like b rated firestone firehawks suck balls
          lol, get some real tires for winter
          When you turn your car on... does it return the favor?

Originally posted by goldstar
          Yes, still have it. It was my attempt to immortalize you in verse.

A Protege driver named Brock
          Once said 7 seconds he'd clock.
          So his engine he goosed
          With much too much boost,
          And drove a rod through his block.

Comment

Re: Re: several weird noises, several questions and a fact

Originally posted by Protoss
            [B]look under your car for loose debris, or the exaust has unanchored itself
            im thinking either sway bar bushing, or exhaust

ok this howling noise? does it soung like it is comming from a foot well? is it constant, or speed dependant?
            speed dependent, i think its just the tires suck major balls

lol, get some real tires for winter
            cant afford real tires :p:

Comment

as far as HLA chatter and how to get rid of it.. i think this is extremely subjective. this is something i think every McGuyver Mechanic out there (the guy that has a solution for everything using a roll of duct tape, screw driver, a rag and a bit of brake cleaner to fix any problem) could throw a suggestion at. personally, i have hla noise and have had it for the past 30,000 miles on my engine. i had my oil system 'flushed' so to speak 3 months ago at a local quick lube shop for about 80 bucks.. basically, this process entails flushing and vaccumming HOT (180 degrees) mineral oil and a few solvents through your oil system, connected from the oil filter port to the drain plug.. runs at a few psi to thrust the fluid around. the guy SAID the entire oil system would be clean and clear, NO problems with clogged passages anywhere. well, what do you know, 3 months later and 2 oil changes later, hla noise is as loud as ever, valve cover has oil deposits on it already (on the inside), gaskets are leaking and .. heh, i'm not loosing much oil as a fact, but the sad thing is, THE HLA IS STILL THERE!!! being as i've done everything to try to get rid of this noise (including looking for new lifters), i'll give this a shot in a couple months to see if it works... or at least yields some benefit. but even with all my skepticism.. i can't see how a respected member of the mazda community would post something like that.. and me being able to sit here and criticise it. he's not selling anything, just giving a suggestion. someone else made a lengthy article about the entire thing, only suggesting a flush with high quality synthetic oil or something? who knows. [
              peace

Comment

oh yeah, rob, these nice noises could happen if you've got a worn wheel bearing or loose sway bar (ie linkage!).. i'm not experienced enough to tell the difference as i've only heard these two noises on isolated occasion, but get that damn thing on a lift and figure out what the hell is going on.
                peace

Comment

also, if your missing the plastic under tray parts under the engine, you'll get some howling noises at freeway speeds.

Comment

ah, you mean those wonderful things that eventually just drag across the ground for miles on end until you get sick of em and rip em out? god i wondered what those were for :p:

Comment

hahhahaaha thank you all for the suggestions...im gonna jack it up on a lift and take a look see soon, probably saturday

Comment

Just turn the radio up really, really loud and you wont be able to hear the noises anymore!
                        2013 Dodge Dart Aero

Comment

Working...
                        X