X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got these today.

I am building struts for my 96.
    These are koni inserts which will be going into
    strut tubes from a BG to use their spindles with ground control coil overs from a 99 prot.
    They are single adjustable race valved inserts.
    7 way clicker type adjustables.
    I will post pics and updates as i progress with the build
    They coilovers will also have 4 inch helper springs installed .
    Looking at hypercoil for those.
    Attached Files
    Powered by ACME

Nice, do you have pics of just the strut bodies themselves?
    1997 Protegé ES: The Power of BP

Broke Status FTW!

Comment

so BG strut bodies, koni inserts, and... is that GC coilovers? What helper springs are you going to use?

and if BG bodies, are they going on a BHA chassis, like the forum suggests? and how, cause I thought the spindles were different (as well as the upper mounts).
      No car! I soldz it. Now I have a truck. I like it, but apparently it has a hard time keeping up with a slightly modified 4WD protege with half the hp. Neat.

Comment

that coilover is way to low on the strut body did you cut the welds right off

Comment

Originally posted by Henchman View Post
          Nice, do you have pics of just the strut bodies themselves?
          I will take some more pics,do you want pics of the BG strut tubes alone?
          Powered by ACME

Comment

Originally posted by almighty4wd View Post
            so BG strut bodies, koni inserts, and... is that GC coilovers? What helper springs are you going to use?

and if BG bodies, are they going on a BHA chassis, like the forum suggests? and how, cause I thought the spindles were different (as well as the upper mounts).
            BG strut bodies yes because they will bolt into my second gen rear suspension,will use bg spindles(have rears now) to convert to rear disc.

Upper mounts will be from the second gen,

Helper springs will be Hypercoils ,just need the piece that holds them together
            ummm i think its called a coupler.

These coilovers i got on ebay for $35.00.they are the cg kit for 99 prots.

Please keep in mind this is new ground for me and i havnt crossed all the bridges yet .I still may use the 2nd gen tubes and spindles if i can find a decent brake upgrade for them.
            Powered by ACME

Comment

Originally posted by smoke187 View Post
              that coilover is way to low on the strut body did you cut the welds right off
              LOL i was wondering if someone was gonna catch that.
              I cut the stock perches off and ground down the welds.I am toying with the idea of making adjustable perches or at least one that the height of the perches sit can be changes by slipping rings over the strut tube and stacking them.
              Powered by ACME

Comment

nice, is this anyones first attempt at the konis? Everyone talks about it, if so set the bar high!
                95 ES
                05 S60R

Comment

Helper Springs

Update ,I bit the bullet and ordered the helper springs.
                  Hypercoils from these guys:
                  This helper spring helps maintain tension on your main spring while the car is lifted for service. No need to realign your spring setup each time you lower the car after lifting. Quality Hypercoil construction for many years of use.