tach installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tach installation

what's up everyone, just got my new tach in the mail yesterday and i am anxious to get it working. the only problem is i need a little help. the tach is made by ractive and has 4 wires. 3 of them i know where they go, 1 to battery 1 to ground and 1 to ignition and i can do all that fairly easily. the problem i am having is with the 4th wire. it is the wire that hooks up to the negative side of the coil or the tach terminal. so i was wondering if anyone who has done an auxilary tach install on a first gen could help me with where that wire should go to read the rpm's of the engine. thanks, much appreciated.
    '91 323 SE
    Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

Coming Soon- Kartboy SS, Pakfeifer Front Bumper
    <center></center>

<a href="mailto://67mustangjosh@gmail.com">67mustangjosh@gmail dot com</a>

hayes manual?
    Tag Team

Comment

Is your question that you need to find where the coil is?
      Dan
      dreesemonkey

Comment

yeah i need to find the coil or whatever i need to send the rpm's to the tach
        '91 323 SE
        Sony 12" Sub and amp - 17" Motegi MR7's wrapped in 205/40/zr Visa's - Protoss CAI - Magnaflow Exhaust - Indiglo Gauges and Carbon Fiber Bezel - Ractive Shift Knob, Boot, and Pedals - GroundControls

Coming Soon- Kartboy SS, Pakfeifer Front Bumper
        <center></center>

<a href="mailto://67mustangjosh@gmail.com">67mustangjosh@gmail dot com</a>

Comment

OK, when I go home today I'll look in my haynes to see if I can find it (never had to look myself) if someone doesn't beat me to it.
          Dan
          dreesemonkey

Comment

its easy man, if your looking at your bay, the coil's on the right...right above the intake filter between the strut mount and main fuse box . the stock coil is a black box maybe 2" in height? easy to find, only middle distributor spark plug wire connecting to it. http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sob...dnm=engine.jpg heres my bay, my coils the red thing, u might as well get a blaster 2 coil while your doing this. just cut off the plug for the stock coil and use the two female ring adapters that come with the coil and clamp em on the wires. then get another adapter for the tach wire and connect it to the negative.
            James G.
            sobe83@yahoo.com
            AIM: DVS 323BPT
            MySpace
            Cardomain
            <BR>

<marquee>Turbonetics T3/T4, RC 550cc injectors, Walbro fuel pump, SSAutochrome Miata manifold, Tial 35mm wastegate, large FMIC, Apex-I SAFC, GReddy Type S BOV, 2.5" aluminum charge pipes, NGK plugs/wires, RX-7 VAM, 3" turbo-back exhaust, ARP head studs, H&R Springs, S/R struts, Sony XPlod deck-2/12" subs, Power Acoustic 800w amp, Pioneer speakers, Evo front bumper, ADR DV8 17" wheels.</marquee>

Comment

Here ya go this should help ya.

93' 5spd DX
              R.I.P

Comment

Working...
              X